when will the case be available?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
lushr

when will the case be available?

Post by lushr » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:30 am

i do not look forward to lugging my One around in a cardboard box, i’m hoping there are details of the case forthcoming soon?

really resisting the urge to hassle our distributor and find out when the Ones will land in Australia....

_DemonDan_

Re: when will the case be available?

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:16 am

Hi lushr,

For what it's worth... I've been using this case for about a month now:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... board-case

I like how you can create a side area for the power supply, Sus pedal, and cables.

I've also had the standard wood and metal flight case but, with a Moog One in it, it was just too much weight for going up/down stairs, and getting it in and out of a vehicle.

If I was shipping it a lot, or sending it on an airplane, I'd compare the two cases more closely. But if it was being transported by me or my crew, I'd go with the Gator.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

MC

Post by MC » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:56 am

I still cart my Memorymoog - which weighs as much as the Moog One - in an Anvil ATA case. Cheaper cases do not last and polymer cases crack with age. Also be careful with cases using the "ATA" badge loosely, many of them are not ATA compliant.

Weight doesn't bother me, lifting heavy stuff keeps me young and fit. I'm 55 years old and still cart my own gear (up and down stairs). I'm careful with my back with proper lifting technique (and a good cart).

I have Anvil cases that are 30+ years old. When they get that old the foam rots in them, but Anvil will still re-foam them.

Just email a representative from the Anvil case website and request a case. All they need are dimensions, and they can include pockets for the power supply and pedals.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

lushr

Post by lushr » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:33 am

that gator case does look good, good to know the measurements are ok. i’d prefer something with wheels, i’m pretty short so when i’m lifting cases they only barely off the ground! i’ve heard a case is coming...

JasonRubenstein

Post by JasonRubenstein » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:37 am

lushr wrote:that gator case does look good, good to know the measurements are ok. i’d prefer something with wheels, i’m pretty short so when i’m lifting cases they only barely off the ground! i’ve heard a case is coming...
That Gator has wheels (look at the left side of the pic, they're somewhat visible). I have this one as well, and the wheels are good.

lushr

Post by lushr » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:02 am

sorry i did see your reply i should have thanked you. i wonder if non moog cases are a good idea, i don’t like advertising what’s inside... but the pen again i’m so short on space right now i just realised i’d have no room for a case.... time to empty the shoe collection again...