Moog One TRANSFORM Requests

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
lushr

Re: Moog One TRANSFORM Requests

Post by lushr » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:03 am

ahh nice example, i see. thank you! yes i’ve seen from some of the demo patches how useful it is to create really dynamic sounds that work across several octaves.

Deva

Post by Deva » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:59 am

Another interesting Transform would be Quantize

EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:02 am

It would indeed be great to have slewing transforms. But, these would also be great: waveshaping transforms!

Say we get "sine", "triangle", "square", and possibly other some more esoteric curves as transforms. Then, doing them on a downward sawtooth LFO will enable us to have different LFO waveforms per individual mod destination! How cool would that be? :)

I also second the modulation mixing options like Korg's AMS, Kurzweil's FUN, or Modifiers on Waldorfs. Though that would need to be a new page somewhere, it shouldn't be a Transform directly, methinks.

iandaviddunlop

Post by iandaviddunlop » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:50 pm

INVERT.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:45 pm

iandaviddunlop wrote:INVERT.
Hi iandaviddunlop,
The depth parameters in the Mod Matrix are bi-polar and typically go from -300% to +300%.

Using any negative value will already invert the control Source.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

iandaviddunlop

Post by iandaviddunlop » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:10 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
iandaviddunlop wrote:INVERT.
Hi iandaviddunlop,
The depth parameters in the Mod Matrix are bi-polar and typically go from -300% to +300%.

Using any negative value will already invert the control Source.
Got it. Thanks!

Euxine

Post by Euxine » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:42 pm

+1 on Slew/Lag/etc. with the addition of having lag curves (log,exp,lin) as it would allow replication of traditional glide functions, but also allowing us to get loads of 'curves' from the existing modulation sources.

I'd also like other static scaling functions, and thinking of a similar list to edit curves in a good-quality DAW - sine or 'S-Curve' (as in the one that looks like a saturation curve), lin, log, and variants.

Variable 'bit' stepping functions could be nice as well, allowing otherwise subtle mod to jump out a bit. In other words, could choose the 'chunkiness' of steps from very big to nearly smooth.

Half and full-wave rect would be handy in some cases.

Perhaps something like 'invert on end of cycle'? Could get bipolar modulation out of the envelopes...

I could think of others, but it gets pretty esoteric (i.e. derivative / integrator )