Minimoog Voyager Rack Frozen LCD Panel

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Socrates

Minimoog Voyager Rack Frozen LCD Panel

Post by Socrates » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:46 pm

hello everybody :)

i was hoping somebody could help & share some thoughts in regards to this issue i am having with my Voyager rack edition.

in the middle of a session, the LCD screen froze to a certain preset and i get no midi input & audio output from the machine :(

i restarted it, but it doesn't help. the screen is frozen and when i change the presets or move the knobs the screen stays frozen.

only the LFO light is blinking :(

has anybody experienced anything similar in the past? is there any way to soft or hard reset the machine by pressing any combination of buttons?

thank you in advance

alex

RL

Re: Minimoog Voyager Rack Frozen LCD Panel

Post by RL » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Hi Alex,
I guess it is a power supply problem - not a software problem.
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:08 pm

I had a very similar problem in the past and it was a hardware malfunction. Had to change one of the boards to get it back to work
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Socrates

Post by Socrates » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:14 am

hey guys, thanks for the fast reply. today the screen is totally blank, no letter, although it lights up.

who would you recommend me to speak to, to have this fixed here in London, UK?

thank you!

Ledbetter

Post by Ledbetter » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:09 pm

What model Voyager do you have? A certain serial number range of Selects has a known problem with the components used in manufacturing the main board being bad at the time of manufacture. There is a thread here about it. If your Voyager is a Select within this serial number range, it should be covered under warranty.

See this thread for more:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21943&start=30
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:32 am

Ledbetter wrote:If your Voyager is a Select within this serial number range, it should be covered under warranty.
He has a Voyager RME, not a select.