Pitch Antenna Range on Theremini

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
JoeyDK

Pitch Antenna Range on Theremini

Post by JoeyDK » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Is there a way to adjust the sensing range of the pitch antenna in Theremin Mode besides the auto setup? I'm having a frustrating time with it.

I run the auto setup, and place my hand a little less than a foot away for the "far" position. But then, no matter how I did the auto setup, I can't get the low note from the theremin until I back my whole body an extra foot away from it. A normal (i.e. Rockmore) pitch hand position can only get 3 octaves when I set the range to 5 octaves.

I thought the auto setup established the range of pitch positions for whatever number of octaves you dial up, even in Theremin Mode.

My other theremin is a Burns B3 Deluxe, and the Pitch dial is used to set the "null" point once you get your body into playing position: you dial it until the sound drops low in pitch and finally stops because the oscillators are balanced. Then putting your pitch hand in play position gives you the lowest possible note. I believe an Etherwave behaves the same way. Is there some way to set the Theremini to get the same kind of response?

bichuelo

Re: Pitch Antenna Range on Theremini

Post by bichuelo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:43 pm

You can use the Scale function on the Theremini Editor in order to further adjust the range of the antennae
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra