New Moog Website Design

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Gomjab

New Moog Website Design

Post by Gomjab » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:28 am

I’m not too happy with the new web design for the main moogmusic.com website. Seems awkward to navigate.

Am I alone in this opinion? I think it needs some tweaking.

red

Re: New Moog Website Design

Post by red » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:07 am

I also think this is a awful design, including the popping YouTube thing...
The vertical writing is also not very usable. And it gives you a useless noise at some pages (a triple click).

ONE of the worst new web designs I recently saw - It's a pleasure to leave the site...
::red

Analog Prophet

Post by Analog Prophet » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:02 am

Aware of new things can be a little bit strange at first place I experiencing it as a forced “must make somethinh new and inovative” (the same spirit as at the NAMM show the other year without any products - at a product presentation messe). It seams like the web design team forgot that all communication is on the condition of the receiver. To me its ot only confusing but hard to navigate and a pleasure go leave as well.

The design of the old site was the opposite and still very modern and creative. Please Moog, get back to where it was great and then go from there.

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:34 am

I read everyones comments above and thought “surely it can’t be that bad “, but after visiting the new website I agree it really is that bad.
Maybe they are giving us a subtle hint to use Facebook or something instead for anything Moog related.

Gomjab

Post by Gomjab » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:13 am

Acid Mitch wrote: Maybe they are giving us a subtle hint to use Facebook or something instead for anything Moog related.
If they ever actually decide to use Facebook as their primary portal they will lose me forever. I gave up on Facebook with its constantly shifting privacy settings years ago. The recent hack only reinforces that I made the right decision!
Last edited by Gomjab on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:32 am

It's the worst UX I've hit upon on the web. I'll just repeat what I said elsewhere:

I've tried navigating around and looking at content there. It's the worst mess I've ever seen from 'professionals'. On a single page I get horizontal scrolling content with the vertical scroll wheel without a scrollbar and not scrollable with keyboard, vertical section divisions that expands horizontally with vertical writing, one vertical scrolling menu and one drop down menu - all in the same place.

The old site was perfectly fine. Definitely a case of forced 'innovative design' totally backfiring - it's brand destroying, if anything. Can we have the old site back please!?

I'm glad their synths don't go that way (don't get any ideas, Moog!) :P

And I agree with @Gomjab - companies that are exclusively on Farcebook don't exist AFAIC.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Agreed that this is one of the worst web site design that I've seen.
Ugly and awful.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

captainkidd

Post by captainkidd » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:35 am

Yeah I am also in the not to happy with the new web site camp. I also find it a bit of a PITA to navigate. In fact it doesn't even work in IE (Yeah you can yell at me all you want for using IE but the fact is that I don't usually have much problem with IE). In IE all I get is the animation of the resistor symbol with the menu real dark in the background and can't even use it. If I use Edge then I can at least poke around the site but again not too intuitive. The old web site had some issues but it worked pretty well overall.

drogoff

Post by drogoff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Yes - the new site design is horrible and appears to be done just for coolness or to assume the web designer with zero thought about usability.

Also, I just hit a big flaw in this forum site. I went to write a response in a thread. It was fairly long and when I hit Submit, it had logged me out. When I logged in again and chose to go back to previous page, my response was erased. Luckily, I've hit similar problems before and had just done a select-all / copy so I could just paste back my message. If I hadn't done that, I would have been really annoyed!

David

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Has anyone seen the prices on the new site? They appear to be gone, unless I'm doing something wrong
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:46 pm

I don't see any prices anywhere either... A lot of useful info seems to have gone out the window with this awful design.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

MC

Post by MC » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:06 pm

Works on Safari/OSX, does not load at all on IE11/WIN7 at work.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:01 am

The site seems to work ok on iOS despite the poor design. But seriously ... when you expand a section in downloads the list of files is vertical. No problem, just turn your head sideways. Just one example of the odd design choices.

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 pm

I basically agree with all of the above. And I also noticed that it has become priceless.
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

drxcm

Post by drxcm » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:01 pm

Easily the worst website experience I can recall in a very long time.
However this got approved is beyond me.

The old website was great - the new one is something I will never get used to, it's just bad design.