Moog One ?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Gomjab

Re: Moog One ?

Post by Gomjab » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Shaw wrote:Monday just can’t get here fast enough.....
Okay isn’t it now Monday somewhere in the world??? :lol:

red

Post by red » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:33 am

::red

901AM

Post by 901AM » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:02 am

Just got a Moog Model 15 , I hope they play nice together by CV it would be very cool .

red

Post by red » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:15 am

::red

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:16 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, the sounds are absolutely STUNNING!!! Congratulation MoogMusic, this instrument is a breathtaking experience!!! Can't wait till 12:30 EST today to see and feel the FULL POWER OF THE FORCE!!!

https://soundcloud.com/moogmusicinc/sets/moog-one
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

drogoff

Post by drogoff » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:13 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
HookedOnSonics wrote:
thealien666 wrote: But I have an idea about who that Sweetwater Sales Rep might be though... he's a member here also... a demonic one at that...Hehehe... :twisted:
Somethings "FISHY" about the whole thing, this had to be by accident, otherwise, why not leak it here, are we not LEAK WORTHY? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Although I've been working on the manual for the past year and a half, I have nothing to do with information or images of this product being released.

I will be thrilled to the core to discuss anything about this product in stupefying detail once I am allowed to do so :-)
Dan - what's the link to the One manual?

Thanks,

David

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Moog's new website is terrible, I can't even get it to load

jmcecil

Post by jmcecil » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:14 pm

ummagumma wrote:Moog's new website is terrible, I can't even get it to load
yeah, the site is a total user experience miss. I mean just to get to this page I had to click in the upper right to expose a list on the left. Then vertical text? WTF? That is just terrible from a user perspective.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:03 pm

I've sent them a comment about it, asking them to bring back the perfectly fine old one, via the "talk to us" tab on the site... :wink:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

JnGd

Post by JnGd » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Very nice machine ! Hats off to the Moog Music staff ! :wink:

901AM

Post by 901AM » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:52 am

What I would like to know is , does each of the 3 synth parts get their own selectable midi channel in/out ,
this would be great and a big deal , it would make The One , Mission Control .

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:44 am

901AM wrote:What I would like to know is , does each of the 3 synth parts get their own selectable midi channel in/out ,
this would be great and a big deal , it would make The One , Mission Control .
They do:-)
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

drogoff

Post by drogoff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:39 pm

I'd like to know the details about voice assignment modes on the One. On almost all poly synths, if you set up a lead sound with a long release time, it isn't usable in poly mode since it just sounds like a piano with the sustain pedal held down. The only synths I know of that address this are the Oberheim SEM-based 4/8-voice and the Yamaha CS 50/60/80. It's been a long time since I played the Oberheims, but on the Yamahas there's the Sustain I and II modes. Sustain I is like most poly synths but in Sustain II mode, hitting a new key when no keys are currently pressed cancels all the currently sounding notes. Well, technically it's more complicated and is actually doing a sort-of unison mode because of how the keyboard scanning chip works, but the effect is basically the same. This is a super useful feature. The Oberheim's reset/rotate/etc assignment modes can also be useful for combining chord and single-note playing and knowing where notes will glide from and to with portamento on.

So, what does the One do by default and does it have options? I see the One's Mono and Unison buttons and Detune knob. How do these work? If I'm in Unison, is there a menu option to determine number of voices triggered? Is there dynamic unison so playing one note triggers all 8 (assuming 8-voice) voices but playing a 4-note chord triggers 2 voices for each key? If I'm in unison, can I choose last/low/high assign like the Mini re-issue? Can I choose legato/re-trigger for envelopes and legato-only portamento so I can use the One as a mono synth?

Finally, from Amos' videos yesterday, he was answering a question about poly aftertouch. It sounded like he was saying that the One could, in theory, respond to it via MIDI but it's not implemented yet. Is that right? Is it planned for an upcoming firmware release? What about MPE?

Thanks to whoever can answer these questions!

David

Gomjab

Post by Gomjab » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Hats off to the whole gang for today’s sound design live stream! Amazing demonstration!

https://youtu.be/49vHK_D5-gA

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 am

I've been critical of some of of the product decisions that Moog has made before but they took their time on this one and they did it right.

Congratulations Moog.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.