Moog One ?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
drogoff

Re: Moog One ?

Post by drogoff » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:43 pm

I love the beat-frequency knobs!!! Basically it's linear-FM detune in addition to the common exponential tuning knob. The downside of how virtually all synths do this is that if you set VCOs to have some slow beating at the low end of the keyboard, the beat frequency will be too fast at the high end of the keyboard. With the way it looks like Moog is doing this, you can have a constant beat rate no matter what the pitch.

It's easy to implement but I can't think of any other synth that has this except for the Taurus I and III

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:41 pm

Tranquility Base, This is MOOG ONE, the POLY has LANDED.

Wow, this is a day we have DREAMED about for a LONG TIME.

Dear MoogMusic, Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Sincerely, HOOKED ON SONICS
Last edited by HookedOnSonics on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

thedangore

Post by thedangore » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:09 am

This is it!
Attachments
Moog One Angle.jpg

thedangore

Post by thedangore » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:10 am

Looks like a beast!!!
Attachments
Moog One Front.jpg

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:31 am

HookedOnSonics wrote:
thealien666 wrote: But I have an idea about who that Sweetwater Sales Rep might be though... he's a member here also... a demonic one at that...Hehehe... :twisted:
Somethings "FISHY" about the whole thing, this had to be by accident, otherwise, why not leak it here, are we not LEAK WORTHY? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Although I've been working on the manual for the past year and a half, I have nothing to do with information or images of this product being released.

I will be thrilled to the core to discuss anything about this product in stupefying detail once I am allowed to do so :-)
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:02 pm

Well. I must admit that I was wrong. And I'm glad to do so. The Moog One IS a reality. :D

Now, I'll have to sell my Sequential Prophet REV2, Behringer DeepMind 12, Oberheim Matrix-6, Korg DW8000, Ensoniq SQ80, Boss DR880, Alesis Ion, and probably a lot of stuff that I don't really use anymore, and take a second mortgage on the house to get one. :shock: :lol:
But, hey it'll probably be worth it.

A dream come true: a reliable (?) modern version of the Memorymoog with lots more under the hood.

I've put a question mark in the sentence above because at 3 oscillators per voice and a 16 voices synth, I wonder how it will stay in tune. We know about such problems with the Korg Prologue... :wink:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Gomjab

Post by Gomjab » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:19 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
HookedOnSonics wrote:
thealien666 wrote: But I have an idea about who that Sweetwater Sales Rep might be though... he's a member here also... a demonic one at that...Hehehe... :twisted:
Somethings "FISHY" about the whole thing, this had to be by accident, otherwise, why not leak it here, are we not LEAK WORTHY? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Although I've been working on the manual for the past year and a half, I have nothing to do with information or images of this product being released.

I will be thrilled to the core to discuss anything about this product in stupefying detail once I am allowed to do so :-)
Dan,
I met you at this year’s GearFest when you gave the Saturday talk on synthesizer techniques. I mentioned to you then how much I appreciate the clarity of the Subsequent 37 manual. I got a sneak peek at the One there and I’m glad to hear you worked on the user manual for this monster. I’m really looking forward to the availability of the manual!

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:39 pm

I must say I was convinced Moog would not make a Poly until... well... never.
Glad to see it happen too :)

drogoff wrote:I love the beat-frequency knobs!!! Basically it's linear-FM detune in addition to the common exponential tuning knob. The downside of how virtually all synths do this is that if you set VCOs to have some slow beating at the low end of the keyboard, the beat frequency will be too fast at the high end of the keyboard. With the way it looks like Moog is doing this, you can have a constant beat rate no matter what the pitch.

It's easy to implement but I can't think of any other synth that has this except for the Taurus I and III
The T3 and Minitaur oscillators have that feature too, hence the Sub family has it too.

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:08 pm

Gomjab wrote:
_DemonDan_ wrote:
HookedOnSonics wrote:

Dan,
I met you at this year’s GearFest when you gave the Saturday talk on synthesizer techniques. I mentioned to you then how much I appreciate the clarity of the Subsequent 37 manual. I got a sneak peek at the One there and I’m glad to hear you worked on the user manual for this monster. I’m really looking forward to the availability of the manual!
And So It Begins - Moog One / Tranquility BASE !!! Dan; Looking forward to your Manual, Video's, and Input.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

Gomjab

Post by Gomjab » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:28 pm

That’s Dan’s punishment for writing such great manuals! 8)

MC

Post by MC » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:41 pm

Time to start saving $$$. This thing is a BEAST.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 am

Gomjab wrote:That’s Dan’s punishment for writing such great manuals! 8)
Not punishment, reward. Sure, every night, for a year and a half, I came home to the burden of knowing I had to work on "that damn manual', but the reward was that One was also there, waiting to be turned on, learned, and defined. Now I have my own One and it has so many of the feature requests I've asked for (and so many more from other people's requests).

This synth is my Stradivarius. This is the one I'm going to grow old (older?) with. It has a redonkulous amount of system memory that will allow it to grow significantly in power and features for a very long time. And I'm certain I can go the rest of my life without running out of things to try on it. (I know, such flowery language; but that's what One does to me.)

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm glad to see that the Moog One has existed for over a year and a half, in a beta testing mode, before coming to market. That should provide a more mature instrument and firmware than offerings from other companies, often too eager to push less-than-ready products out of the shop.

Although I'll certainly raise the money to get a One, the only thing that could make me keep my Prophet REV2 with it would be the Mod Matrix on it. From looking at the front panel, I don't think that the Moog One offers one ? I could be wrong.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:17 pm

thealien666 wrote:The only thing that could make me keep my Prophet REV2 with it would be the Mod Matrix on it. From looking at the front panel, I don't think that the Moog One offers one ? I could be wrong.
It has so many MOD slots that none of us have ever run out. We still can only guess at how many you can have per preset ;-)

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:38 pm

When you say MOD slots, do you mean in the traditional Mod Matrix style or individual ones from separate sections ?
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion