Prodigy Problem

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
djsportsball

Prodigy Problem

Post by djsportsball » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Just had my Prodigy rehabbed at the shop- one problem remains! Oscillator 2 can't get in tune at all. Is this something that can be calibrated through the little holes in the back?

atkbg

Re: Prodigy Problem

Post by atkbg » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:27 am

You had it rehabed and it came back not calibrated? What did the "rehab" entail?

Here's the service manual. Calibration (Tuning) is in there.
http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Moog/Moog ... mation.pdf

djsportsball

Post by djsportsball » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:35 pm

The place that fixed it replaced 2 keys and fixed some damaged internal circuits. Everything works except osc 2 doesnt tune correctly. Sorry to be dumb, but I couldnt find a description of how to tune the oscillators from the rear holes in the link you shared. Any explanation for a layman would be very helpful!

atkbg

Post by atkbg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:27 am

Sorry. Wrong manual link. However, if you paid someone to fix "damaged internal circuits" and it didn't come back calibrated, I'd wonder what they did. Do you know which circuits they "fixed"?

Here's the manual for calibrating:

http://dl.lojinx.com/analoghell/MoogPro ... Manual.pdf

djsportsball

Post by djsportsball » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Thanks- that covers it, even though I don't understand it at all. I had it serviced at a random electronics place that does good work. They tested all the circuits and replaced some damaged ones, but theyre not synth guys. Want to buy it?

atkbg

Post by atkbg » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:14 am

Sorry, but if they didn't calibrate it, I'm not sure what they 'fixed'. (Wave form? CV scaling? DC ripple?)

The price would have to reflect the mystery

PaulHughes

Post by PaulHughes » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:12 am

just stays locked, im gonna try and re download the demo but may be a bug of some kind, as it was working first time just fine.