Introductons

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
SuzanneRA

Introductons

Post by SuzanneRA » Wed May 16, 2018 3:56 am

Hi,

I thought I would introduce myself, I live in rural Western Australia. I have a Sub 37, a Voyager XL, as well as an Etherwave Plus.

The Voyager XL only arrived today, and I have a feeling Im going to love learning how to "patch" this is all very new to me.

My ambition is learn, and hopefully create some interesting music with the instruments I have.

THanks.

Suzanne.

TimeEchoProductions

Re: Introductons

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Welcome, Suzanne!
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Thu May 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Welcome Suzanne,

You have some of the best synthesizers money could get you. I have a Voyager myself, and even being a non XL version, it is incredible. Patching on the XL is the closest you’ll get to modular without actually going deep into modulars.

One tip I’d pass t you, is that you should also explore pot mapping on the Voyager, so you can combine it with the patching and create some amazing and exquisite sounds.

Cheers!
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Thu May 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Congratulations Suzanne, those are all fantastic instruments!

nice to meet you

I also have an XL, and am still learning about different ways of patching things in/out of it

one of these days, I will probably pick up a theremin. they look very intriguing & creative to use

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu May 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your purchase!
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

SuzanneRA

Post by SuzanneRA » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the Welcome.

I have so much still to learn....But I feel very fortunate to have these instruments, they are far better than I am :)

THanks.

Suzanne

captainkidd

Post by captainkidd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:28 pm

SuzanneRA wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks for the Welcome.

I have so much still to learn....But I feel very fortunate to have these instruments, they are far better than I am :)

THanks.

Suzanne

Hello Suzanne,

I know what you mean about the instruments bed far better than I am. I've been bitten by the bug a couple years now. I now have quite a bit of gear (latest being a Moog Grandmother) but still don't know what the hell I am doing.

I had the pleasure to visit Australia for the first time a couple weeks back. Spent the first week up in Bendigo helping out at the Great Stupa and celebrating the arrival of the Jade Buddha for Universal Peace. Then we flew up to Sydney for the second week then back to the states. Good times.