Claim of delays on Grandmother on Gearslutz

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
praxisaxis

Claim of delays on Grandmother on Gearslutz

Post by praxisaxis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:36 pm

Hi All,

There is a dude on Gearslutz who says he dropped into the Moog factory and was told that no more Grandmothers are in production beyond the initial Moogfest units due to delays on parts.

This seems suspicious to me for two reasons. 1) it was that person's very first post. 2) this would be weird for a synth that has been thoroughly promoted now, and currently available for purchase internationally.

Are there any Moog employees floating around here who might remark on this? Would be sad if you lost a few orders due to unsubstantiated rumours.

Cheers.

noddyspuncture

Re: Claim of delays on Grandmother on Gearslutz

Post by noddyspuncture » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:44 am

A large percentage of the guys over on that site are knobs anyway.
They've had a go at me on more than one occasion for owning two CS80's and four Minimoog's.

JimF

Post by JimF » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

:-) I'd like to have ago at you as well, in a positive sense - shake your hand for being so fortunate to own those wonderful instruments (as well as the other ones you've shown in various photos etc)!

Sorry about the totally irrelevant, off-topic reply, I just couldn't resist it. Anyone who goes negative about the instruments someone else owns is simply being ridiculously childish.

Cheers,

Jim F.

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:12 am

noddyspuncture wrote:A large percentage of the guys over on that site are knobs anyway.
They've had a go at me on more than one occasion for owning two CS80's and four Minimoog's.
Envy is a powerful poison in our society, and is even more relevant on those without proper education (both academic and social/family).

These instruments you have are amazing! I love your videos with your modular!!

As for the Grandmother, it seems that a lot of guys there are butt hurt about it, I wouldn't take it that seriously. I believe that part of the problem is the looks and the advertising, but price might also be a thing.
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

MC

Post by MC » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:03 am

noddyspuncture wrote:A large percentage of the guys over on that site are knobs anyway.
I used to be a member at Gearslutz. Then there was a heated discussion where I nailed the guy for flat out lying, and my posts were the ones that got deleted.

I abandoned Gearslutz after that. I no longer lend much integrity to the Electronic Music threads as there is a lot of misinformation and they are getting as bad as the VSE forums. So when a first time poster cries about a product that is no longer in production, I can't help but be very skeptical.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

captainkidd

Post by captainkidd » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:16 am

I got lucky, I was just actually trying out my Grandmother that I just picked up today then saw this thread. I was talking to my friend last week at GC and he said that they did get a couple in even before Moogfest. He said they were the Moogfest editions that come with the Moog Slinky and order form for a free jacket. But they already sold the (2) that they had. He looked on his computer and found one back east at another GC that he could have transferred to his store. So he did and I was able to pick it up right after work.

I hope it isn't true that Moog is going to be a bit late in being able to ship out production. This thing is a blast. I really like the built in spring reverb. It gives it that extra fullness without having to plug into another device. This thing is a ton though, I have it sitting on my lap right now while typing this.

moogasaurus

Post by moogasaurus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:27 am

captainkidd wrote:I got lucky, I was just actually trying out my Grandmother that I just picked up today then saw this thread. I was talking to my friend last week at GC and he said that they did get a couple in even before Moogfest. He said they were the Moogfest editions that come with the Moog Slinky and order form for a free jacket. But they already sold the (2) that they had. He looked on his computer and found one back east at another GC that he could have transferred to his store. So he did and I was able to pick it up right after work.

I hope it isn't true that Moog is going to be a bit late in being able to ship out production. This thing is a blast. I really like the built in spring reverb. It gives it that extra fullness without having to plug into another device. This thing is a ton though, I have it sitting on my lap right now while typing this.
tell us more as you get to know it!

moogasaurus

Post by moogasaurus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:00 am

MC wrote:
I used to be a member at Gearslutz. Then there was a heated discussion where I nailed the guy for flat out lying, and my posts were the ones that got deleted.

I abandoned Gearslutz after that. I no longer lend much integrity to the Electronic Music threads as there is a lot of misinformation and they are getting as bad as the VSE forums. So when a first time poster cries about a product that is no longer in production, I can't help but be very skeptical.
I have had the EXACT same experience at GS.

It was a great site when the Harmony Central forums were soaking up all the "knobs" (as was aptly put), but once HC collapsed they all moved to GS, and worse the moderators, presumably because they know where their clicks come from (trolls), work tirelessly to protect the worst a-holes on there by censoring factual information.

praxisaxis

Post by praxisaxis » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 am

Yeah I'm hoping a Moog person can pop in here and set things straight.

After that by all means you guys can return to blasting Gearslutz. :D :lol:

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 pm

European here. I have pre-ordered the GM at Thomann.de, and they have just recently given more specific info about availability (initially it just said 'unknown'). They write expected within 6-7 weeks.

They are usually quite reliable in that dimension as well.
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

moogasaurus

Post by moogasaurus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:04 am

praxisaxis wrote:Yeah I'm hoping a Moog person can pop in here and set things straight.

After that by all means you guys can return to blasting Gearslutz. :D :lol:
Pretty sure nobody from Moog is going to pop in here and comment on this. If they had to bat down everything posted on Gearslutz they'd still be trying to finish up the Little Phatty as it would be a literally endless task for a team of three.

What's funny to me is that seemingly everyone could survive without the Grandmother until it was announced, and now a two month wait makes life unbearable.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:23 am

I've heard there is a delay on e.g. ceramic capacitors at the moment (see: mutable instruments).

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 am

I sometimes reply to nonsensense with " really ??"
Think that's more then enough energy spent :-)

dave808

Post by dave808 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:31 pm

that is very true, but from what i saw on gearslutz from reading your posts, that you were also being a bit of a knob yourself.
if you go in and stir a hornet's nest you are going to get stung. as for gearslutz, no i don't like that place either.

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:54 am

Is there a better place than Gearslutz to talk about synths, drum machines and electronic music ?