MF-Ring mod - expression pedal

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
Luca giordano

MF-Ring mod - expression pedal

Post by Luca giordano » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 am

Hi !

A couple of questions.
I'd like to use a sturdy expression pedal. something along the lines of a Boss or an Ernie Ball style pedal.

1.which ones would work best with the MF ring.

2.When I plug in my old plastic Roland it only covers a small portion of the range of the Freq knob. I'm quite new in this area. can you give me some advise on what to look out for and make sure of?

3.also idealy i'd like to control two expression inputs with one expression pedal. So a dual expression pedal or a device that let's me switch between one or the other.

thanks in advance !

Luca

kn_s

Re: MF-Ring mod - expression pedal

Post by kn_s » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:19 am

The moog expression pedals are pretty tough and only about $40 and will work perfect with moog equipment. I’ve tried my Roland pedal with moog gear and had the same results so I suggest just drop the extra few clams and get the gear that is going mate properly. As far as dual expression, I never tried and don’t believe it’s a possibility but I could be wrong.
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Benvenutto Luca !

Ideally, a MP-201 would do the job: one expression pedal, 4 channels, and switches one to the next. But they are very expensive these days...

Less ideally, I'm using a Boss FV-300L with two different boards and I'm totally satisfied with it. Sturdy as can be (hence quite heavy), it's a twin volume pedal but when no input is connected, it's a twin expression pedal. Tuner output in bonus. Only drawback for you: it's silly and will send the same voltage on each output, no channel selection possibility. Ah: you can set the minimal value of the pedal with an additional knob.

Boss/Roland made other solid expression/volume pedals, often with low of high impredance ("L" or "H" suffix in the name).

Spero che questo aiuti :)
Last edited by stiiiiiiive on Thu May 31, 2018 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:13 pm

Luca, I've found this today by chance: Copilot FX Broadband and Bandwith. You may find some interest in those : )

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Thu May 31, 2018 5:52 am

Luca giordano wrote:Hi !

A couple of questions.
I'd like to use a sturdy expression pedal. something along the lines of a Boss or an Ernie Ball style pedal.

1.which ones would work best with the MF ring.

2.When I plug in my old plastic Roland it only covers a small portion of the range of the Freq knob. I'm quite new in this area. can you give me some advise on what to look out for and make sure of?

3.also idealy i'd like to control two expression inputs with one expression pedal. So a dual expression pedal or a device that let's me switch between one or the other.

thanks in advance !

Luca
Source Audio dual expression pedal will allow you to do what you require - the pedal has two outputs so can control two parameters or units simultaneously.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu May 31, 2018 6:29 am

I think it works the same as the forementioned Roland/Boss: only one signal through two outputs, i.e. you won't be able to give different values to your two parameters.
stiiiiiiive wrote:Luca, I've found this today by chance: Copilot FX Broadband and Bandwith. You may find some interest in those : )
BTW, I ordered one of those. Handy, light, but not as accurate as a synth head would like it to be. I replaces a foot on an expression pedal but is not a precision LFO. To be enjoyed for what it is :)

PS: I'm selling it.

yatesy

Post by yatesy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:31 am

The manual says 50 - 100kohm TRS, or 5 volt cv pedal

There is a list here
http://www.expressionpedals.com/list-of ... ion-pedals

Oz inventions make an enhancer. Takes a standard TRS pedal as input and outputs whatever pedal you want, CV too. Its got lots of features, including using two or more in series to control multiple effects with one pedal.

You can set it up so that different parts of the sweep affect different effects.
https://ozinventions.com/enhancer/