PLEASE HELP / Disappearing MIDI IN/OUT settings, no USB/MIDI

Everything Phatty.
Lunnar

PLEASE HELP / Disappearing MIDI IN/OUT settings, no USB/MIDI

Post by Lunnar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:06 am

Hello there!

I'm have a problem w/ my LPS2

LPS receives and sends no MIDI, and in the Master Menu - MIDI SETUP: MIDI IN/OUT options have disappeared...
All I see in midi setup: "All notes off / Local cntrl: ON / Midi Merge: OFF / Poly: OFF"

Several reboots/factory restarts haven’t helped.

Debug adapter - it did not help me too, the operating system is reinstalled (2.2 952), but midi&usb still do not work...

Please help!

bichuelo

Re: PLEASE HELP / Disappearing MIDI IN/OUT settings, no USB/

Post by bichuelo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:18 am

This happened to me some days ago, on my Slim Phatty

I had to do several resets as well as updating the firmware, then it finally worked.

Give it a second try
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

lovvlovver

Post by lovvlovver » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:32 pm

Hello, Lunnar!

Is there any progress to share about your problem? I have the exact same one.(( So I'd be really glad to hear some good news.)

bichuelo, did you manage to update firmware without functioning USB/MIDI? Or did it appear after a reset? I have a lot of presets on the synth I don't wanna lose if I don't have to, and I also do not want to render it completely unoperable by deleting the firmware and then not being able to upload it. My LPS2 otherwise works fine, and i keep using it without MIDI.

There's another thread on this forum describing similar issues, with quite a few people reporting in -- I wonder why haven't they posted here, but that's not the point, -- and nobody posted any solutions or any progress on the problem so far.

Really looking forward to hearing from anybody!

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed May 02, 2018 12:57 am

I was able to update the firmware using the USB. IIRC, the MIDI DIN was the one which had dissapeared suddenly. I uploaded the firmware, made a factory reset and it worked perfectly afterwards
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

lovvlovver

Post by lovvlovver » Mon May 07, 2018 8:41 am

bichuelo wrote:I was able to update the firmware using the USB. IIRC, the MIDI DIN was the one which had dissapeared suddenly. I uploaded the firmware, made a factory reset and it worked perfectly afterwards
Thanks for the reply! Both MIDI and USB I/O are absent/inactive on mine.((