Minitaur octave tuning

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Taurusrus

Minitaur octave tuning

Post by Taurusrus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:07 am

The editor is very flexible but I can’t find a way to tune the whole minitaur down an octave.
The midi transpose window doesn’t do anything but is on -24 anyway? Does midi ch1 correspond to a certain octave?
My controller is as low as it can go so other than buying a new controller with minus octave options, I’m a bit stuck... why did they place the VCO’s an octave apart when they are in unison on a Taurus (other than vari of course). Sorry for many questions!

Quatschmacher

Re: Minitaur octave tuning

Post by Quatschmacher » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:17 pm

The VCOs are in unison when the VCO frequency knob is at noon. There’s an octave offset in either direction. This is a bass synth so if your keyboard has only two or three octaves and doesn’t transpose down two octaves then you might have trouble. But the editor should allow two octaves offsett in either direction too so it should work. Have you run the tuning routine on the editor and performed a factory reset?

Taurusrus

Post by Taurusrus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:48 pm

Yes, you’re right they are in unison.

I’ve calibrated the oscillators and VCO 1 is still an octave higher than I want it to be.

The only thing that will stop me buying a new set of pedals would be if someone could tell me why the midi transpose window does nothing on editor at any interval. As it goes to -24 I’m convinced this would save me a lot of money if it dropped the pitch...

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Taurusrus wrote:Yes, you’re right they are in unison.

I’ve calibrated the oscillators and VCO 1 is still an octave higher than I want it to be.

The only thing that will stop me buying a new set of pedals would be if someone could tell me why the midi transpose window does nothing on editor at any interval. As it goes to -24 I’m convinced this would save me a lot of money if it dropped the pitch...
The interface is a bit clunky in places on the editor. Might it be that you need to double-click the transpose value before it engages? It worked fine when I used it.