MINIMOOG MODEL D APP - Questions?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
_DemonDan_

MINIMOOG MODEL D APP - Questions?

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:56 am

Hi Gang,

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/apps ... odel-d-app

I was fortunate to get to work with beta versions of the new Moog Model D App for the past few months in order to create some soundware banks for it.

Although it's remarkably straight forward and easy to figure out, I'm happy to answer any questions that I can.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

johnp352

Re: MINIMOOG MODEL D APP - Questions?

Post by johnp352 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:24 pm

hey Dan

model D sounds fantastic. a lot of people including me, are wondering if and when the keyboard will be updated with animoog keys and scales, did you get any clues about that? also, what banks and patches did you do? thanks.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:53 am

johnp352 wrote:model D sounds fantastic. a lot of people including me, are wondering if and when the keyboard will be updated with animoog keys and scales, did you get any clues about that? also, what banks and patches did you do? thanks.
Hi John,

I have seen a number of requests for that in the forums, but I don't know internally what the plans are. This time around, my presets aren't collected into a specific bank. They're scattered throughout the factory presets as well as the extra banks.

Have you plugged the output into a powerful sound system yet? It will give you chills!

johnp352

Post by johnp352 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:55 am

yes i have, all the Moog apps sound amazing through a SS.

aminetti

Post by aminetti » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:07 pm

I read that this app supports 7 and 11bit MIDI. I took it as the possibility to send notes at different dynamics. I tried but no dynamics, unfortunately.
Is there a way to include dynamics, when I play with an external keyboard?
Thanks

Dr.Sax

Post by Dr.Sax » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Perhaps in a future upgrade it might be possible to print screenshots of the patches in the app to real paper. The app would make a perfect way to memorize patches for my real mini Moog model D.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Dr.Sax wrote:Perhaps in a future upgrade it might be possible to print screenshots of the patches in the app to real paper. The app would make a perfect way to memorize patches for my real mini Moog model D.
Hi Dr.Sax, try this:

iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Screenshot

On an iPhone 8 or earlier, iPad, or iPod Touch, press and hold the Top or Side button. Immediately click the Home button, then release the Top or Side buttons. In iOS 11, a thumbnail of your screenshot appears in the lower-left corner of your device.

Then use Bluetooth or WiFi to print the screenshot to real paper.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Dr.Sax wrote:Perhaps in a future upgrade it might be possible to print screenshots of the patches in the app to real paper. The app would make a perfect way to memorize patches for my real mini Moog model D.
That's a neat idea! I understand that decoding the mdp format could be quite easy
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:40 pm

This thing is awesome. Had it come out a week earlier I may have not ended up buying a Subsequent!

When using the arpeggiator mode there is a noticeable lag between hitting a key and the sound starting such that it’s almost impossible to start it in time with the beep of the looper. Is this something which can be rectified with a bug fix?

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:14 pm

What about a CC map that uses the most common assignments in most Moog synths? That would be a godsend for sequencing tracks with layers
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:20 pm

bichuelo wrote:What about a CC map that uses the most common assignments in most Moog synths? That would be a godsend for sequencing tracks with layers
You can create the CC Map you want on the Model D App and then Share them and Import them.