Minitaur 'under the hood' features and MIDI

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
TheStevenLasombras

Minitaur 'under the hood' features and MIDI

Post by TheStevenLasombras » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:28 am

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find it in the manual pdf or v2.2 addendum (or skimming this forum)... Are the 'under the hood' features on the Minitaur only accessible through the Editor? Or would it be possible to control them from a hardware MIDI controller? Looking at MIDI controllers with a ton of knobs and sliders (like the Arturia Keylab 49 or 61), it'd be really great to be able to assign under the hood features to those extra knobs, to adjust on the fly without connecting to the computer. :D

Acid Mitch

Re: Minitaur 'under the hood' features and MIDI

Post by Acid Mitch » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:49 am

All the editor is doing is sending/receiving MIDI so it should be possible.
The main problem you will encounter is that the editor is sending 14bit cc’s but most controllers only send 7 bit cc’s. This means you don’t get such fine control and can get zipper noise on filter sweeps,etc.
It can also be tricky to generate 14 bit cc’s natively in your DAW , so the solution is to automate the editor, which converts the automation to 14 bit cc’s for you.

If you can’t find the cc’s or what ever is used for the under the hood controls you should be able to hook the editor up to a MIDI monitor to find out.

umbrella

Post by umbrella » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:49 am

You can control all the under the hood features by MIDI CC messages, you can find the corresponding CC numbers in Manual page 22-24.
Minitaur / MF Delay / MF Trem / CP-251 / Mac Mini / OS X 10.11.6

TheStevenLasombras

Post by TheStevenLasombras » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Thanks, guys. I eventually stumbled onto this video https://vimeo.com/127200102 and read the manual a little closer. Still working out the kinks (after my first attempt, only about half the pads and sliders I assigned seem to be doing what they're supposed to), but it looks like it's going to work pretty well. Thanks! :D

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:30 pm

that is a great vid, thanks for the link!

schlam

Post by schlam » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:39 am

Hello,

Yes, every under the hood functions are controllable by CC but there is a bug confirmed by Amos about the EG delay and the two EG Holds.
These CC# are respectively 103, 105, 106 but if you send information with these CC# the Minitaur "understands" 0 whatever you send.

It's for me an very important issue because these functions are not accessibles in the editor..

I really hope it will be solved soon...

Have a nice day

Julien