SQ-1 ?!

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Siddharth

Re: SQ-1 ?!

Post by Siddharth » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:14 pm

cant tell if my last post was made since i cant see it.

Siddharth

Post by Siddharth » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:19 pm

@Acid mitch. Got it! I think you are right about the noise. However i thought that might be good enough to work with sq-1 in terms of feeding it an audio/noise signal. Anyways! Would a korg monotron be worth modding with gate/cv capabilities? or a maybe something like a korg volca beats?

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:45 pm

Siddarth, once for all: the SQ1 does not produce nor process sounds. It is only a CONTROL device.
Siddarth, a second time for all: the SQ1 does not produce nor process sounds. It is only a CONTROL device.

;)

I can't understand why you just don't try out the gear you have here before thinking about modifying it! :)

Plug your guitar or Monotron into the Fooger (and any other FX pedal).
Strum strings/press keys/touch ribbon.... turn knobs... allow you to drift away.... have fun.

THEN... get back to whatever parameter you've found pleasant to touch the knob, and try to have it controlled by the SQ-1.
Strum strings/press keys/touch ribbon.... turn knobs... change the SQ-1 sequence... allow you to drift away.... have fun.

Then come back and tell us how cool it was :)

kn_s

Post by kn_s » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:01 am

Wow I was going to respond to this earlier today but didn’t really have the time and this thread got way crazy.

1st - my original suggestion to plug the monotron in was strictly from the audio out of the monotron to the audio in of the data corrupter. No mods done just straight factory ins and outs. I have not modded my monotron not that I don’t suggest it but that’s a different issue etc. also I don’t think that’s quite where things should head at this point based on current discussion in this thread.

2nd - this is just my opinion here! You have a significant amount of gear here that costs a good amount of money. Crack open the manuals to each unit and learn how each work on their own then try them together. I would have killed to have your level of gear just starting out. Temporarily forget about the sq1 and learn the other gear. How they work and also with one another.

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiive ( is that too many i’s???) gave some great advice as well as acid mitch , I don’t think at this time I can add any additional advice other than go play around with you gear and make some noise.

Good luck!
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

Siddharth

Post by Siddharth » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:15 am

Thanks for the awesomeness peoples of the world! Once i get my own laptop i will need help getting the sq-1 working with it as i think its the only solution at the moment. Until then i will keep at it with the things i have. Forgot to mention i also bought a roland sound canvas for real cheap. The plan is to record and produce things passionately. I've got a lot of work to do! Im glad you folks are around to help.
I see myself coming back to this forum a lot as i have loads of questions! Again Thanks everybody! will be back with more questions soon! One last thing is that in India there is a bleep loads of dust and humidity and i fear for the worst with my equipment! Goa is a crazy place that way. Is there a way i can clean my equipment properly so i can maintain stuff well! (mostly dust and some rust)-I haven't opened anything up to look at the insides of these tools!

Amatulken

Post by Amatulken » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:59 am

Siddharth wrote: Also,what kind of parameters create pitch for a sq1 to work?
You dont need any kind of pitch for the sq1 to work, you use the cv and gate outputs of the sq1 to control the pitch of a syntheziser. It should run by itself as it has an internal clock.
Minitaur,Mother 32,Dfam,CP 251,Mf-105,MF 195M MF-108M, MF-104M, Dreadbox Erebus, Doepfer Dark time.....