Subsequent - controlling noise directly with LFO?

Everything Sub.
lordradish

Subsequent - controlling noise directly with LFO?

Post by lordradish » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:04 am

Hey, folks,

I'm trying to make a few of those classic 'wind' presets. The way I've done that on other synths is to control the noise directly with the LFO -that's what I did on my Minilogue and my Concertmate MG-1. I can't seem to figure out how to do that on the subsequent. In the controller options, there's "extra noise LFO" as a source, but I think that's an LFO based on the noise waveform. Just for the heck of it, I played around with the random preset generator. A few times, it made a noise sound, but it seemed to make it more from some very precise tweaks to the oscillators, which I couldn't figure out.

Is there a way to just LFO filter sweep the noise circuit? If not, could anyone provide me some tips on how to get there with the oscillators? Thanks.

Chimponaut

Re: Subsequent - controlling noise directly with LFO?

Post by Chimponaut » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:48 am

The LFOs each have 3 knobs for making modulation amount settings. Pitch, Filter are hard wired...The 3rd one can address many options and I think noise is actually one of the options on the front panel. Check it out. Remember to move the MW to hear it if you use LFO 1. Or make LFO 1 ignore the MW and just modulate without your input.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:11 am

Are you trying to get the filter to sweep only the noise audio without the oscillators sounding? Could you not mute the oscillators, unmute the noise source and turn up its knob to have just noise playing when you hit a key? Then assign either mod bus 1 or 2’s source to an LFO waveshape and turn up the Filter Amount knob in that mod bus. If you want the LFO’s cycle to start each time you hit a key, press the KB Reset button to illuminate its light.

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:14 am

If you want the noise’s volume to be swept by the LFO then that is possible too: press the Mod Dest button until “noise level” is illuminated.

lordradish

Post by lordradish » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:12 am

I will tinker around with this tonight, these are all helpful suggestions. THanks!