MIDI Clock Source

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Alien8

MIDI Clock Source

Post by Alien8 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 am

Hi,

Is there a way to send the tap tempo sync'd MIDI clock OUT to every channel from AniMoog? I'm trying to find a way to have my iPhone be the master clock source for a number of apps and external processors - all of the tinkering I have done thus far has led me to start asking questions...

Thanks for any help!

Oh - BTW I don't need AniMoog to be the source because it can be a destination from another app if necessary.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Stuka

Re: MIDI Clock Source

Post by Stuka » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

There are quite a few iOS sequencer / drum apps that will send MIDI clock sync signals.
Do you already have a MIDI interface for your iPhone?

If not, and/or if you want a REALLY versatile MIDI connectivity solution for your iOS devices (and just about everything else), without a computer, check this out:

http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI

Works great!! :)

(BTW - it IS a BIT cheaper going through some of the online music retailers...)
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:46 pm

I have LittleMIDI Machine, but it doesn't seem to link correctly... It might be user error, but I couldn't get more than one channel to respond to its clock. I need at least five to respond.

Currently I'm running a MIDI Mobilizer II & a MIDI Solutions Quadra thru. Controlling a ClysterFlux, MIDI MuRF, Strymon TimeLine externally, and AniMoog internally. I use TouchOSC to send most of my CC but I need one clock source to sync it all together... (My setup is portable)
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

pfitzsimons

Post by pfitzsimons » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Resurrecting this thread. I'm also looking for a tap tempo for Animoog. Obviously, it can't be midi mapped in the app, but I'm looking for a solution via Audiobus, Midiflow, or other solutions if possible. I'm not looking to add outboard gear and I'm not using Ableton in this setup...

pfitzsimons

Post by pfitzsimons » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm

To go further, I'm using an iRig BlueBoard key as a tap tempo in JamUp (guitar effects app). I'm using Animoog simultaneously (via a MIDI guitar pickup). I've got sound on both ends, but, again, can't midimap tempo in Animoog... This setup is for playing in a band setting without any loops playing, so I just need the tap tempo for the delays...