Any quircks or regrets on getting a Subsequent 37?

Everything Sub.
macsaif

Re: Any quircks or regrets on getting a Subsequent 37?

Post by macsaif » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:29 am

What about keybed, is there a huge difference compared to Sub Phatty or Sub37? Have you ever played Fatar TP9 (Voyager, Novation, etc..) can you compare it, how far is it from them?

How does it compare to Sub Phatty in sound? Is it more open filter or it is same dark as the Sub series (closer to Little Phatty, Model D or Voyager)?

The Man machine

Post by The Man machine » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:39 am

macsaif wrote:What about keybed, is there a huge difference compared to Sub Phatty or Sub37? Have you ever played Fatar TP9 (Voyager, Novation, etc..) can you compare it, how far is it from them?

How does it compare to Sub Phatty in sound? Is it more open filter or it is same dark as the Sub series (closer to Little Phatty, Model D or Voyager)?
As an amateur the keybed is fine to me. The sound of the LF seems to be a bit rougher though on the SOS website they argue that in the Sub37 review.

Can't compare it to Fatar, but it is ok. Had some synths in the past (Korg 707, Roland JX-3P, Korg M1, Yamaha QS300, Roland D20).

The keys are wider than my current Jupiter 50, better no just different. Think these are the widest keys I ever had on a synth.

jamesmod

Post by jamesmod » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:27 am

No regrets with my Subsequent37 . And even if ppl say it’s not as sub as a sub 37 or Phatty, I don’t know maybe that’s good for variety. Either way, connected to my Minitaur they play in unison like nothing I’ve ever heard before. I think I know now what the horns are going to sound like on judgement day.

As for the keybed, I could go for something a little more lighter to the touch when it comes to swishy pads, but I suppose it lends itself to faster repetition ? I’m a bass guitar and piano player, and I can’t get the quick and Heavy repetition on a piano that I get with a pick on the bass guitar (for repeating the same note), but I can get closer to it on the Subsequent37 so yay.
Pew.........pew pew..... pew pew pew...!

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:42 am

jamesmod wrote:And even if ppl say it’s not as sub as a sub 37 or Phatty, I don’t know maybe that’s good for variety.
As long as you love it, nothing's important :)