Model D production ending

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
captainkidd

Model D production ending

Post by captainkidd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:24 pm

https://www.moogmusic.com/news/final-co ... ion-ending

Of course we knew it was a limited run but still always a little downer when it's official.

johnts

Re: Model D production ending

Post by johnts » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:43 pm

I'm sad and pleased about this announcement. It had to happen at some point. I made the choice to buy the reissue after wanting a Model D for years. So I'm very pleased I made the decision when I did. It may be considered pricey but I have an exquisite instrument, a part of history never to be repeated and I think an investment, there are not many synths you can same about today. No matter how many clones, cheap or otherwise, come and go they can never be a Model D. On the other side I'm sad that others may not have the same opportunity to own a Model D

This pair, never repeated, will be with me for years to come.
Minimoog Model D reissue | Arturia Matrixbrute | Moog One 16 voice | Nord Stage 3 | David Gilmour Fender Black Strat NOS | Roger Waters Fender Bass |

moognase

Post by moognase » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:58 pm

:(
Still saving up. Now will probably not make it. Come one, Moog friends. Please make some more. :|

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:58 pm

I will probably never own one. But it is my top wish. No doubt about it.

I actually played one before a high-school party in 1979, where the bass player in the band for the entertainment part of the evening had a model D. How he got one is in retrospect a mystery to me. He was a poor bass player, and he only used the D on one tune when he just played two notes repeatedly. He only brought it for the rehearsals in the afternoon (I was not in the band, but did light and sound). So when we were finished, I went to him and asked for a go at it. I got hypnotized by these deep pulsating bass sounds. I asked if it could play in a higher register, and he turned the knob. I started playing and went immediately into a trance where I was just playing up and down and pitch bending like mad. It probably sounded horrible, and I had to be physically dragged from it. But I realized that this was a monster. I found out what it cost, and it stayed a dream.

But maybe the dream will come through some day.
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Thought it would be a longer productionperiod espec since the model-d is getting more and more recognition and publicity.
Maybe a production on prepay base and on demand , lower number waitinglist etc would still be possible ?
Hunderts of instruments, probably more will still be sold over time as its a very good designed instrument and many people will need time to raise the money too
After all its the best model-d reappearence so far !
Pity

synthcolony

Post by synthcolony » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:54 pm

I feel very lucky to have gotten one of these. I'm curious how many they will make in the end, especially since they seem to have completed the production run so quickly. Does anyone know?

timmy

Post by timmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:50 pm

With the upcoming Behringer and SE/Roland Mini-a-likes on their way to sales floors and online stores I'm sure Moog wants to net some sales before its to late. That's smart. Plus, now maybe they can focus their expertise on some new groundbreaking product. Looking forward to it.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:24 am

I am curious what Moog has in development/waiting in the wings

I cannot believe they would continue their model lineup, without some sort of MINIMOOG in there...

Do you think they can make something that 100% captures the sounds of the D, with the versatility ( and more ) of a Voyager successor?

most of the Voyager vs D stuff I read is people claiming the D sounds "better" due to it's hardware weirdness

benprusinski

Post by benprusinski » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:43 am

Yeah I am sad as well. I just bought my first one and want a larger Moog someday like the Model D or Voyager for nostalgia reasons and the fatter bass sounds.

moognase

Post by moognase » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:31 am

I am hoping for a new series of the original Prodigy design, maybe with the addition of a white noise generator and MIDI. Would that not work? And no, not another phatty & Co. Nothing under the hood, nothing with a thousand lights. Just a nice musical instrument that sounds 99% like a Mini. :cry:

Oh well, oh well, bad eggs don't smell.

Old School: Saving, waiting, saving - boom! Discontinued.
Dentist: I can help you out. Gimme what you got so far.
Model D Reissue: Saving, waiting, saving - boom! Discontinued.
Greedy Landlord: I can help you out. Gimme what you got so far.
Life itself: Saving, waiting, saving - boom! Discontinued.
You-know-who: Queue up over there for your harp. Might be a while though. Just ran out of the last ever vintage strings.

:roll:

TimeEchoProductions

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:00 pm

ummagumma wrote:I am curious what Moog has in development/waiting in the wings

I cannot believe they would continue their model lineup, without some sort of MINIMOOG in there...

Do you think they can make something that 100% captures the sounds of the D, with the versatility ( and more ) of a Voyager successor?

most of the Voyager vs D stuff I read is people claiming the D sounds "better" due to it's hardware weirdness
That's what I would want to see, a new Voyager incarnation, with the sound of the D.
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer

Feelsgoodinc

Post by Feelsgoodinc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:22 am

That's actually really sad news, my favourite model. Shame...
Started from the bottom now we here!

Sammymic

Post by Sammymic » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:10 pm

What are they bringing out to replace it??