LP envelopes do not trigger using Gate In

Everything Phatty.
flextone

LP envelopes do not trigger using Gate In

Post by flextone » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi, first time poster after just buying a second hand LP Stage II :)

So, one of the biggest selling points for me was being able to sequence it externally through CV/Gate. However, when attempting to do just that using my x0xio (pimped up x0xb0x) the envelopes remain open and do not trigger along with the sequencer. It's as if gate in has only a dummy cabe connected and the Env remains open. I don't know the gate out voltage the sequencer is putting out, I'm guessing around 10V but I could be dead wrong. I tried the all the gate and legato menu options to no avail. Really disappointed with this.

Is anybody successfully driving his/her LP with a x0xb0x? Or any analog sequencer with a 0-10V gate output for that matter?

flextone

Re: LP envelopes do not trigger using Gate In

Post by flextone » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Tried it with a trigger signal from an 808 as well, no luck. Fate remains open and doesn't respond. Is my KB Gate input busted?

flextone

Post by flextone » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Alright I'll rephrase:

Would attenuating the gate signal help? Or does it need to be shifted all the way down to -5/+5V like the old S-trigger circuits? I don't mind building a DIY passive attenuator but don't want to splurge on a CP251 just yet.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi Flextone, welcome to the forum.

Stupid question: have you read the specifications of those inputs in the manual?

flextone

Post by flextone » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:07 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:Hi Flextone, welcome to the forum.

Stupid question: have you read the specifications of those inputs in the manual?
The manual says +5V to open the gate. That's what's so confusing.

If 5V should trigger it, then 10V should surely be able to. Don't know if I should get an S-Trig cable or a voltage attenuator or what.

Thanks
R

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Ok, I get your confusion better.

I haven't tried this otherwise than with a sustain pedal and I'm afraid I won't be o any further help.

Anyone?