Minimoog year of manufacture

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
normhart

Minimoog year of manufacture

Post by normhart » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 am

I’m trying to determine the year my Minimoog was manufactured. Its serial # is 9127. I’ve seen a timeline that puts the last Minimoog made at the Williamsville factory at s/n 6920. My synth reads Williamsville NY which is strange unless it was assembled in the next factory with older existing parts. I’ve looked on the synth for the sticker but couldn’t find anything. I’m guessing as early as ‘76 and as late as mid ‘77. Can anyone help pin down the exact year or better yet, the full date?

Thanks
Norman

till

Re: Minimoog year of manufacture

Post by till » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:46 am

Isn't the quality check sticker unter the panel (on the side that points to the keybed when the panel is down)?
Or a date given inside the panel?
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:12 pm

There might be an additional sticker inside the LHC which has only two long screws on top front. Take the pieces out with great care so you don't unplug anything.

You might be able to clean the dust there as well, even if they didn't place one on that unit
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

normhart

Post by normhart » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:44 am

The only apparent things I see are initials,” C.J.” being the most prominent. No big deal, I guess. I’m satisfied that it works and of course has that wonderful Minimoog sound. This is actually my 2nd Mini- the first one was a ‘72 Model which I can’t even remember who I sold it to and when. Pretty fuzzy on memories around that time if you know what I mean wink, wink :D . Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, guys.