Minitaur Editor - Hardware Disconnected

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
SlowLFOtoPitch

Re: Minitaur Editor - Hardware Disconnected

Post by SlowLFOtoPitch » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:15 pm

For those having connectivity issues with their Minitaur, the newest versions of the firmware and editor are available after registering your instrument. If you have already registered and did not receive the download, please contact Moog Tech Support directly:

Adam Pryor
[email protected]
(828) 251-0090 Ext. 246

Harrison Street
[email protected]
Ext. 221

Noah Jolly
[email protected]
Ext. 204

Thank you,

Taylor Mott
Service Manager
[email protected]
Ext. 217
TAYLOR MOTT
SERVICE DEPARTMENT MANAGER
MOOG MUSIC INC.

P: (828) 251.0090 ext. (217)
Fax: (828) 254.6233

romanicks

Post by romanicks » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:11 am

Hi all,

Long time reader of the forum but never registered since today.

Just want to thank you guys so much for this, that rocks!

The editor now runs smoothly on my computer (MBP 2016 on OS 10.11) for the first time. And those unexpected firmware updates are fantastic!! :D

andow

Post by andow » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello! I installed the new firmware and editor and it worked fine standalone. Then I tried running it in Cubase and noticed that the VST2 plugins didn't show up, only VST3. Anyway, I tried the VST3 plugin and VI and got the message: "The editor cannot connect to the hardware. ...."
Ok, so as stated in the manual I installed the USB driver and after that the editor doesn't have connection as plugin AND standalone! :roll:

As much as I like the sound of the Minitaur, I never had this much trouble with any other synth...

jupiter

Post by jupiter » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Cubase doesn't show VST2 on the menu if it finds VST3 of the same plugin. For "hardware disconnected", did you select the minitaur ports in the preferences page of the Editor ? Also, connect the synth directly to the computer and not through a hub. It should really work.

andow

Post by andow » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm

jupiter wrote:Cubase doesn't show VST2 on the menu if it finds VST3 of the same plugin. For "hardware disconnected", did you select the minitaur ports in the preferences page of the Editor ? Also, connect the synth directly to the computer and not through a hub. It should really work.
I reinstalled the USB driver and now the standalone version is working again. However, I still get the same error in Cubase, even though I'm able to select the Minitaur In/Out ports in the preferences page... :(

mach1ne

Post by mach1ne » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:47 am

I also have this issue.

I think I will email support

andow

Post by andow » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Support didn't write back anymore after one mail, so I pretty much gave up my hope to ever use the editor in Cubase...

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:51 pm

I'm using the Generic Windows 7 64x USB driver that installs automatically, never could get the Moog Midi Driver to be seen by Nuendo or the stand alone editor. I don't use the usb connection for anything other then the editor. Using the 5 pin midi for everything else... Midi notes, controller data etc. Works in Nuendo and should work in Cubase like this. You just can't have Cubase and the editor using the same port at the same time so disable the ports in the midi device manager in Cubase if you try to set it up like this.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

papawise

Post by papawise » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 am

I can't believe that we are still dealing with this... come on MOOG
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 am

The latest version has been extensively tested and this error was corrected.

Please make sure you completely uninstall any previous version before uninstalling the new one
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

papawise

Post by papawise » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:56 pm

bichuelo wrote:The latest version has been extensively tested and this error was corrected.

Please make sure you completely uninstall any previous version before uninstalling the new one
Hey Bichuelo (parce)
we've interacted a couple of times in different forums, but I still find problems. I've reinstalled my OS, with a new version of Windows 7, so, no chance to have previous versions of the driver.

Windows 7 Professional (64)
Ableton Live Suite 9.7.5 (64)

Minitaur Firmware 2.2.0
Minitaur USB driver 3.30.0
Minitaur Editor 3.2.0

Seems to work in standalone mode with the Windows generic driver, so, at least for me is useless in that mode... in all the remaining modes I get the "Disconnected" issue.
Before reinstalling was working in Windows 7 Ultimate.
Now when I try to install it, seems to be done and I even can see the "Moog Minitaur" device in the Device Manager of windows, but I keep getting the leyend:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

papawise

Post by papawise » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Well, the issue seems to be solved.

I installed all the updates of Windows and downgraded the firmware to the version 2.1.2
Hope this helps for other users.

But all this driver/firmware/editor thing, was nuts to get it working, I hope to not find future issues, working by now.

Best.

jamesmod

Post by jamesmod » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Manager/Librarian Disorders Patch Names

Has anyone had this issue with Mac OS 10.13 and found a solution?
My Minitaur Manager/Librarian regularly (every half hour or so) displays a screen reading “lost communication with Minitaur”, and when I click OK, it “retrieves” incorrect settings from the Minitaur. And the patch sound is (obviously) changed.

All software and firmware is up to date. And it happens regardless of which control is used, either via direct MIDI (no DAW) from the Arturia Keystep or the Subsequent37.
The fact that the factory presets and my user patches remain unchanged in the Librarian, but the “retrieved from minitaur” patches are screwing things up points to not just a librarian issue, but in the way it’s reading the minitaur (1,11,12...21,22,23...31,32,33... rather than 01,02,03...).
My noodles might pop.

It’s a bit of a bother when recording so any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
James
Pew.........pew pew..... pew pew pew...!

MC

Post by MC » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:31 am

Using OSX 10.13.2

Minitaur firmware v2.2.1 with latest editor (standalone) - "hardware disconnected"

Downgraded firmware to v2.2.0 with latest editor - working fine

Tip: enable "Auto Send" under Hardware Presets. This solved the disorder issue.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

MC

Post by MC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:25 am

Tried again tonight - "Hardware Disconnected"

ARGH

Found that using a different USB port made it WORK. Swap back to other port, no worky.

Using MacBook Pro Retina early 2015 model. This has two USB3 ports. Both work with thumbdrives, but Minitaur only like the one port (the one on the left) for some reason. It did work on the USB ports on my Mac Pro 2012.

A good approach is to try different USB ports.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi