Presets?

Everything Sub.
Lottie F.

Presets?

Post by Lottie F. » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:55 am

Hi Moog lovers!
Is the presets for Subsequent 37, Subsequent 37 CV and Subsequent 37 CV Moogfest edition all the same? Or do the differ? Yes, I know that the Sub 37 have different presets, but that's not my question. Musically yours Lottie in Sweden
My gear: Sub 37; Minimoog D, Animoog, System 15 and Filatron apps; other synth apps; Spider 15 W; Arturia KeyLab 49 and MiniLab; also Zoom G2 and Eventide Space.

DrJustice

Re: Presets?

Post by DrJustice » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:58 am

Yes, the presets are compatible. Some will sound a little different if moved between a Sub and a Subsequent though, since the mixer and multidrive has been changed on the latter.

Lottie F.

Post by Lottie F. » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:59 am

Hello Dr. Justice!
Yes, right now I use the presets from the Subsequent 37 CV on my Sub 37. But, must I seach for the Subsequent 37 and Subsequent 37 CV Moogfest Edition presets too? Or are they the same as the Subsequent 37 CV presets? Thanks on beforehand! Musically yours Liselotte in Sweden
My gear: Sub 37; Minimoog D, Animoog, System 15 and Filatron apps; other synth apps; Spider 15 W; Arturia KeyLab 49 and MiniLab; also Zoom G2 and Eventide Space.

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 pm

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. The only new presets I can find after a bit of searching are:

what is claimed to be "Subsequent factory exclusive presets", here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28637
(the editor does not protest on importing this bank, even though no patch files are actually being imported)

and Subsequent 37 CV "default presets", here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28755
(upon attempting to import this, the editor throws the error "This is not a valid sub 37 bank file")

This only raises questions instead of answering them. Is there a newer version of the editor that will cover both the S37 and the SS37, I wonder? It's all a bit confusing at the moment, and Moog are apparently mostly concerned with being dark & mysterious about everything these days. Do you have any other preset bank files, seeing as you've been able to import SS37 patches? Also, do you have access to an SS37 and its editor (assuming the editor is newer/different)?

Lottie F.

Post by Lottie F. » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:16 am

Hello again!
Thanks again for answering! I only have the Sub 37. But, I got some presets to it, and for the 37 CV on the downloading page on MoogMusic. At least it works for me. My S 37 was made in April 2017 and have firmware 1.2 (The 1.3 is for 37 CV, according to Moog.) And yes, they are mystic and that's one of the nice things with Moog.. Musically yours Lottie