Moog 15 arrives! new to physical modular :)

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
elsapo2001

Moog 15 arrives! new to physical modular :)

Post by elsapo2001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Its a sight to behold, I always wanted a Moog modular but it was never attainable till the reissue. It is so intuitive to operate and I am already creating some interesting patches and using up almost all my patch cords in the process :)

What I noticed is the Oscillators in the Modular seem to have much more frequencies to work with in terms of harmonics etc.. to filter/carve out etc.. I need to double check but it seems the Saw goes across the whole audio spectra and it has quite a bit of bite. This is just plugging the oscillators straight to the mixer and single ADSR (no filters)

Another interesting thing is if I try to modulate the filter cutoff via CV input I can hear the sinewave if I run it up in the high frequencies, not an issue when using the regular lower frequencies. Is this normal behavior.

The thing sounds amazing, You can create some metallic pluck sounds that are quite interesting, especially when using the FFB to give it the sound as if emitting from a mechanical space where there is some formant filtering going on.

Its a great companion to my Minimoog D reissue and you can really get some great music out of the two working together. :) Lots to experiment and learn, too bad these are limited release and not a build to order forever. I missed out on the early era of synthesis but always dreamed of having such instruments since childhood, so glad they got reissued.

GregAE

Re: Moog 15 arrives! new to physical modular :)

Post by GregAE » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:36 am

elsapo2001 wrote:Its a sight to behold, I always wanted a Moog modular but it was never attainable till the reissue. It is so intuitive to operate and I am already creating some interesting patches and using up almost all my patch cords in the process :)
Congrats Elsapo2001, and welcome to the wonderful rabbit hole of modular synths! :D

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:38 pm

wow, that is pretty flippin' cool!!

congrats!!

I think we need some pics ;)

elsapo2001

Post by elsapo2001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:35 am

Thanks here are a few pictures
Attachments
IMG_7940.jpg
IMG_7974.jpg
IMG_7961.jpg

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:12 am

OH YEAH!!

that looks great....someday I'd like to get some modular gear