What about the new updated Editor/Librarian? does it works?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
AVE22

What about the new updated Editor/Librarian? does it works?

Post by AVE22 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi Folks! I'd appreciate a lot some opinions about the new release editor for the Minitaur.

I don't have one, but I'm needing a bass unit for live purposes (little size is important), and obviously I've been thinking about the MT. The problem is that (as I've seen in internet) the MT looks to be amazing talking about sound, but it has serious problems with its digital part (the editor software and sometimes with knobs problems in digital matter) ... so, I have some doubts about buying a Minitaur, or choosing another option (a Pulse2, an MFB Dominion Club, a Shruthi, etc).

What do you think? I'd be glad to receive your comments. In fact, if you tell that the new software works fine I'll run for the MT.

Thanks in advance!

Purusha

Re: What about the new updated Editor/Librarian? does it wor

Post by Purusha » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:53 am

New system works well for me!
Voyager Performer, Minitaur
Cubase 8.5, Ableton 9, various hardware sequencers
OSX El Capitan on MacPro (cylinder) and MacBookPro.

AVE22

Post by AVE22 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Purusha wrote:New system works well for me!
thanks a lot! anybody else? comments will be VERY appreciated!

Peace.

schpinn

Post by schpinn » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:13 pm

AVE22 wrote:
Purusha wrote:New system works well for me!
thanks a lot! anybody else? comments will be VERY appreciated!

Peace.
Works for me too, although I can't figure out where some of the new features are located (like filter/amp EG delay and hold). You can access them through the synth itself, but not through the editor (as far as I can see).

Joscuzz

Post by Joscuzz » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 am

schpinn wrote
I can't figure out where some of the new features are located (like filter/amp EG delay and hold). You can access them through the synth itself, but not through the editor (as far as I can see)
Firstly, the new Editor is flawless for me too. The addendum to the manual that ships with the new update illustrates a bunch of key combination/shortcuts which use the "Glide" key in tandem with EG Decay, VCO Freq, LFO rate and more to access a lot of Minitaur's hidden features directly from the hardware interface. Cool!
Strictly no bubblegum: Moog Minitaur, MF102, CP-251, EP-3, Komplete Kontrol S25, Maschine Jam, GAP PreQ-73, GAP Comp-54 MKII, TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay, Spark, Dark Matter.