Here are a few .WMV files of me playing the Voyager.

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.

Kevin Bowden

Post by Kevin Bowden » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:55 am

Thanks for sharing - stick at it.

I'd advise you to either organise some dressing-table/vanity-unit real estate for placement of your Voyager whilst playing, or invest in a keyboard stand.

You don't want your bed to become an integral part of your "setup" and influence your playing technique during these formative stages.

Besides, it's just one more thing to lug around if you go out gigging.

Having said that - there is possibly a market for "In Bed with my Voyager" type shows (Casa Rosso in Amsterdam springs to mind :) ).

Tongue firmly in cheek - but serious about decent keyboard positioning for learning/playing.

Regards,

KevB

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:52 pm

Yes. I see the problem. I need more of a permanent place to put my Voyager, and the Pro-One when I get it. I wonder if I could fit both on one stand?

Either way, I need a table slightly bigger than the one my PC is located on. I'm not too sure how to connect both synths to one sound card, that just confuzzles me. :(

As for the image, it was a joke, I do a flying jump on my bed, play the Voyager, and promptly leave, sometimes with a thumbs up.:)

I just wanted to know what you people thought of the sounds themselves. I admit the sound (and picture) quality was poor. My only reasons for that is that I can't get a decent mp3 encoder to make the downloads reasonable size. Someone gave me an old Wave program, but when I recorded my own work on it, the file size was almost 30mb.

The sound patches themselves were only chosen because I thought they sounded good at the time. Overall, I'm still not satisfied with the work, especially on the last song. :(

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:51 pm

There are lots of two tier stands out there. As for hooking more than one synth up to your sound card, but a small mixer. Hook your synths to it, and the mixers output to the sound card.
Brian

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:19 am

I had an idea that was what I was supposed to do. Luckily, I have 3 stores all within a 10 minute walk from me that sell mixers. As for the stand, I don't think its as easy as you make it out to be. I don't know of many stands designed to hold a Voyager and Pro-One at the same time. In fact, I cannot name a stand that would even fit just the Voyager.

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:36 am

How do you mean :)? There are dozens of stands out there that will do this .
If you have the stand set up so that it is too wide for the synth to sit on the lower supports you can always use a piece of wood.....most have adjustable top tiers that can be moved to accommodate just about any size synth.

Look at Ultimate Support, Aphex, Quick-Loc
Brian

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:41 am

Lets wait until I get the Pro-One.

Here is another download.

http://www.x-plane.org/users/arxp/me/moogman5.zip

Kevin Bowden

Keep 'em coming !

Post by Kevin Bowden » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:19 pm

Slightly better playing posture adopted in this one :lol: .

Given the cap though it might well be an impostor playing this time :?

Is that a frying-pan next to the bed ? Please note ..... hot oil splashes from a traditional English breakfast might be difficult to remove and could damage the finish on your MMV (Moog to note - this should be stated in the User Manual) :wink:

You should also be aware that the quality of your mattress will affect the "feel" of the MMV keyboard action (further User Manual errata ?). Personally I would go for a top of the range VI-Spring.

Regards,

KevB

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:06 am

That was a lamp actually. :D

I find it a lot easier to play standing up. I went to Allders for a joke yesterday to go to their Roland department, I had a go on all their equipment there. When I played The Model by Kraftwerk, everyone just stopped completely.

So, can anyone recommend a stand that could accomodate both a Voyager, and a Pro-One, bearing in mind that I don't have a credit card?

That was actually me playing, it was an imposter that came along and threw a ton of rubbish at me at the end. :(

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:13 pm

http://www.x-plane.org/users/arxp/me/moogman6.zip

That's the one I did a couple of hours ago, a different sound to the previous ones. :D

StefanH

Post by StefanH » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:30 pm

Hello,
i am using an König&Meyer SPIDER.
This one is an expandible Stand and Strong enough for the Voyager and ProOne. By the way, i love the squential stuff, i've got tha sixtrack, drumtrack and creamware SFP including the ProOne.
With Spider it nice that you got enough space for all the moogerfoogers on the floor dirct in front you. They are available on your island too, but not cheap...
Maybe you need a bigger room first ;-)
Stefan

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:47 pm

My room is big enough. :)

I'll have to do a search on them stands.

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:55 pm

Is this the one?

How much do you think it costs?

I also got a Behringer mixer a few days ago. :D

StefanH

Post by StefanH » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:14 pm

Exact!
This the one, i got this one with one more of these holders, so i can put three babies on it. I use this one mostly for live-situations, not in my studio!
About money..., over here in germany you pay between 179-199 Euros for the standart (your picture), one more stand is around 50 euro.
Sorry Boieng, i am afraid again to get too much out topic again, i recieved already a warning this day, so lets talk about moog, mail me privat.
[email protected]

THM

Post by THM » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:06 pm

Similar are the Ultimate Support column series (Apex & Deltex).

I own a Ultimate Support Apex AX-48BLX and they're very reliable, very easy to pack/unpack (if you'd want to use it live), and very solid - hosting my L.A.M.M. Memorymoog and Juno-60.

here's the link:
http://www.ultimatesupport.com/keyboard_column.html
http://www.myspace.com/thmsynthfreak