EMMS Modular and memory modules

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
Alberto58

EMMS Modular and memory modules

Post by Alberto58 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:22 am

Hi!
I would like to know how memory modules work on synth's patching?
Which parameters and wich modules can be controlled?
ADSRs are excluded? Do they need a manual presetting?

thanks
Alberto
memory.jpg

noddyspuncture

Re: EMMS Modular and memory modules

Post by noddyspuncture » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:26 pm

I believe that filter, EG as well as oscillator tuning and footages are all controlled under the presets.

It's all done with vactrols - resistive opto-isolators - and each module under control has to be extensively modified to respond to the preset box...!

Cheers,
Tom

Alberto58

Post by Alberto58 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:42 am

Hi Tom thanks for your interesting infos!
Observing the panels we notice for each memory, in addition to the activation button, 3 switches and 3 multiturn panel trimmer.
I think trimmers adjust preset C.V. respectively for VCOs, VCF and VCA respectively, but there are no trimmers or adjustments for presetting also the Adsr or other modules.
Anyway, I think the addition of this Memory System has aggravated the already complex internal/module2module wiring of the synth.
I believe that Keith was also conditioned by this Storage System and therefore had to maintain rather static both pathching and adjusting the individual modules.
Unfortunately we can no longer ask him :( ... R.i.p. Keith

Alberto

PS: from a more careful view, the three trimmers only regulate the CV for the VCOs (see pict)

More infos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz4Iko0tRiY&t=7s (listen at 2:10)
Attachments
memoryPreset.jpg

noddyspuncture

Post by noddyspuncture » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Alberto58 wrote:Hi Tom thanks for your interesting infos!
Observing the panels we notice for each memory, in addition to the activation button, 3 switches and 3 multiturn panel trimmer.
I think trimmers adjust preset C.V. respectively for VCOs, VCF and VCA respectively, but there are no trimmers or adjustments for presetting also the Adsr or other modules.
Anyway, I think the addition of this Memory System has aggravated the already complex internal/module2module wiring of the synth.
I believe that Keith was also conditioned by this Storage System and therefore had to maintain rather static both pathching and adjusting the individual modules.
Unfortunately we can no longer ask him :( ... R.i.p. Keith

Alberto

PS: from a more careful view, the three trimmers only regulate the CV for the VCOs (see pict)

More infos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz4Iko0tRiY&t=7s (listen at 2:10)
Alberto - I don't think 'all' the programming on those preset modules was done just from the front panel..!?
Think about it - there would be just too many parameters to set... I suspect you had to pull them and make adjustments internally... :D