issue with an used sub37

Everything Sub.
fredweb

issue with an used sub37

Post by fredweb » Mon May 01, 2017 12:47 am

hi guys!
my name is federico, i just bought an used sub37. i owned another one few years ago, i had to sell it but
i missed it too much.
anyway this one i have now seems to have a problem: the pattern knob dont work.

when is in the up position the arpeggios goes down, and all the other position is just arpeggios going up and no way to enter the sequencer.
i updated the firmware to 1.2, the. i donwgraded to 1.1 , but this problem stay.
of course the seq is the feature i need most, so im really sad. hopefully there is some firmware thing i can fix, but im curious if anyone had a similar issue.
thanks!
federico

bichuelo

Re: issue with an used sub37

Post by bichuelo » Mon May 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Welcome to the forum

This works perfectly on our showroom unit, it sounds to me like there might be a problem with the physical control.

Try speaking with your local authorized service center or directly to Moog's tech support, if you are in Colombia you can bring it to Audiotecna's workshop for a diagnose in Bogotá
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Mon May 01, 2017 6:30 pm

Does it work when you change the setting in the software editor? That would be on my short list of things to try.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

LuthierMark

Post by LuthierMark » Tue May 02, 2017 3:16 am

One other thing you could try is to set the pattern to 'Rec' to start recording a sequence, and then pressing a key to clear the sequence. When you switch back to one of the Arp patterns, you should hear the pattern play as expected.

This is some strange behaviour that my Sub 37 also had, but someone on the forum (sorry, I forget who) pointed me to this solution. It has to do with the Arp being confused when there is some 'unexpected' sequence info in the sequencer buffer.

Hope this helps.
"The thing is, to put a motor in yourself" fz

Moog Sub 37 1.2.0, Nord Modular Rack, Novation KSr,
Emagic Unitor8, Focusrite Saffire Pro40,
Logic Pro X 10.3, MacBook Pro Retina 11.2, macOS 10.12.3

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Tue May 02, 2017 8:40 am

LuthierMark wrote:One other thing you could try is to set the pattern to 'Rec' to start recording a sequence, and then pressing a key to clear the sequence. When you switch back to one of the Arp patterns, you should hear the pattern play as expected.

This is some strange behaviour that my Sub 37 also had, but someone on the forum (sorry, I forget who) pointed me to this solution. It has to do with the Arp being confused when there is some 'unexpected' sequence info in the sequencer buffer.
Yeah, I seem to recall that I had a problem somewhat like the OP describes and doing a "Sequence Quick-Erase" fixed it. It's in the manual at the bottom of page 20. Or here...
Sub37 Manual page 20 wrote: SEQUENCE QUICK-ERASE
Hold BANK while turning the PATTERN knob to the REC position. If the sequence is stopped it will be completely erased. If the sequence is running, it will continue to run and the sequence length (number of steps) will remain the same, but all of the steps will be blank (silent).
It's easy to do, so worth a shot.

--
Moose

dalahorse

Post by dalahorse » Tue May 02, 2017 7:03 pm

Welcome!!

The problem you describe sounds like a bad selector switch to me. But I would definitely reset to initial settings Before sending it off for repair. (Global -> Init settings) That seems to solve a lot of weird problems with the 37.
Dalahorse
Synths, drums, and bass