The new driver/firmware

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
felis

The new driver/firmware

Post by felis » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Got hold of it at Gearslutz - driver - v3.30.0, firmware beta - v2.1.20.

I think I've got a problem with the driver. Win10 - Minitaur shows as installed, but I get a 'usb device not recognized' message,
and a note to unplug and replug, which produces no results.

When opening up the sys-ex program, I get 'no input' and 'no output' selected messages when clicking 'send sys ex'.

I'm not part of the beta program, but thought I would put this up anyways.
Everything still works as it did, since I was unable to erase and load in new firmware, so all is not lost.
Attachments
MoogUSB3 - Copy.jpg

papawise

Re: The new driver/firmware

Post by papawise » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:04 pm

after more than 2 years I can't believe that we are so many users having troubles with the Minitaur editor/driver and they didn't solved it yet.
But don't worry they continue launching new products and more and more.
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

felis

Post by felis » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Mine works OK with the older firmware version on the site.

There are some new features in the new firmware/editor that I've been looking forward
to being able to use since I bought the Minitaur last year.
Seems like it's been a long time coming though.

Good thing this little unit sounds so good, or I would have sold it already.

papawise

Post by papawise » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:56 pm

felis wrote:Mine works OK with the older firmware version on the site.

There are some new features in the new firmware/editor that I've been looking forward
to being able to use since I bought the Minitaur last year.
Seems like it's been a long time coming though.

Good thing this little unit sounds so good, or I would have sold it already.
I agree totally. But since I bought it in 2014 I couldn't use it properly.
I want it to work with the editor and also being able to automate CC's from the hardware. Nothing of those is possible without having issues by now.
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:18 pm

felis wrote:I get a 'usb device not recognized' message,
[...]
I was unable to erase and load in new firmware
This is your problem -- the driver doesn't work until/unless you update the firmware. Driver doesn't work with old firmware.

Simply uninstall the driver, then try updating the firmware (if you want to be a beta tester) without the driver installed. Only install the driver if you've already updated to the new firmware.

felis

Post by felis » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:19 pm

OK - thanks. I guess I was given the wrong directions:

I tried what you said. In case anyone's interested I'm including some screen shots of what I get with Win10 when I let it automatically install the device.
This is under the 'view devices and printers' area.
The device shows as installed, but I can't select input and output because further installation is required.
Moog1 - Copy.jpg
Moog2 - Copy.jpg
Moog3 - Copy.jpg

felis

Post by felis » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:17 pm

One more - won't fit in the last post.
The editor works fine standalone and in Cubase on win10.
I just can't get to the ports to change the firmware.
Moog4 - Copy.jpg

Matthias32

Post by Matthias32 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:42 pm

are you sure you're using the correct installation procedure for the driver? uninstall all mtr drivers, then restart to update the registry. next do not connect the mtr, but run the driver install exe, preferably in compatibilty mode and the 'run as admin' option. then restart again and connect the mtr. if you're doing that and it doesn't install correctly, perhaps guide your os to the correct driver folder manually.
These are all windows issues though, not really to do with the drivers or moog soft itself.

For the record, all works fine here, i can use both editor, standalone, vst and send cc's without compatibility problems , while doing the same with a sub 37.
Sub37,Minitaur,DSIProphet12,Cubase,AbltnLive,Reason,RMEfirefaceUCX +FocusriteOctopreMKIIDynamic, BabyfacePro,LaunchpadPro,AkaiMpk249,ZeroMkII,StrymonBigSky,ShermanFB2, Xbase09,TR808,PF500 Stagepiano, ElCapistan,HeddType07,Mics &Waay too many cables

felis

Post by felis » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Did you read the post from Amos? He says - "... Only install the driver if you've already updated to the new firmware...".

My current problem is that I can no longer update the firmware - midi-ox and C6 don't recognize any inputs/outputs.

felis

Post by felis » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Very sorry for clogging up the forum.

I can't be part of the beta program, because I can't get midi-ox or c6 to recognize the ports on the Minitaur.

I searched the computer and deleted most all Moog files/folders, then plugged it in.
I looked like it was installing, but I got the same notices as above, the device is not migrated and needs extra installation.

I'm posting some shots of the port errors I'm getting when selecting the Minitaur in those programs,
in the unlikely case that it spurs some ideas from anyone who has seen something similar.
As above, click the pics for a clearer view.
Attachments
Ports - Copy.jpg
Not recognized - Copy.jpg
External Error - Copy.jpg

felis

Post by felis » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Current self-installing drivers:
Attachments
Driver2 - Copy.jpg
Driver - Copy.jpg