Production halting on Voyager XL

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
captainkidd

Production halting on Voyager XL

Post by captainkidd » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Just received an email from Moog. It looks like they are officially discontinuing production of the Minimoog Voyage XL. There will be a few limited one produced while they currently have some parts but that's it. Guess we'll see what they come up with next.

johnts

Re: Production halting on Voyager XL

Post by johnts » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:32 pm

I also got the email, carefully worded but very strong hints of new models to come. A pity I cannot afford to add the XL to my Moog collection at this time.
Minimoog Model D reissue | Arturia Matrixbrute | Moog One 16 voice | Nord Stage 3 | David Gilmour Fender Black Strat NOS | Roger Waters Fender Bass |

dalahorse

Post by dalahorse » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:52 pm

I'd love to have an XL but the price is too much for me at this time. I selfishly hope they remain available for a while so I can grab one new.

Definitely looking forward to whatever is coming next. Keep it going, Moog!
Dalahorse
Synths, drums, and bass

Jamtime

Post by Jamtime » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Hmm.. what is to come.. Now Moog are left with the Model D in this segment, which is kinda cool and nostalgic, but hey.. a none preset synth is just a memory trip (with no memory), but in real life a real pain and really limited in live situations not at least. I think it will be rather cold soon.

They can't come up with an "even better" monophonic beast than the D or the Voyager? It has to be polyphonic then..?!? :roll:

Anyway, I'm really happy to own a Voyager in mint condition which I still hold as the ultimate monophonic analog synth! Its much more capable and good looking than the D.. :wink:
Attachments
IMG_0721.JPG