Taurus 3 firmware update - v2.0.3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
tore

Re: Taurus 3 firmware update - v2.0.3

Post by tore » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:31 pm

That is good news, but Amos can you post the latest update on the mog site? I think i found my latest update in the forum somewhere..thx
Moog Taurus 3
MF-101, MF-102, MF-103(BigBriar), MF-104SD, MF-105M, MF-107, 2x MF CP-251(one with red rings). Minifooger Drive, Minifooger Boost.
Gibson RD artist Bass ( Moog circut and pickups)
(x-owner LP TE #1110)(X-owner MF-105B)

tore

Post by tore » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:35 pm

I have v2.04 update on my T3, only v2.03 is listet at moogmusic.com
Moog Taurus 3
MF-101, MF-102, MF-103(BigBriar), MF-104SD, MF-105M, MF-107, 2x MF CP-251(one with red rings). Minifooger Drive, Minifooger Boost.
Gibson RD artist Bass ( Moog circut and pickups)
(x-owner LP TE #1110)(X-owner MF-105B)

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:25 pm

hopefull !

Thanks people from moog , your service is oke and the attitude towards your customers too.
Gladd to hear you stand the hard times wisely
Friendly greetings from a long time moog user from the netherlands ( you know "the second ones :-) )

TheMilford

Post by TheMilford » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:25 pm

tore wrote:I have v2.04 update on my T3, only v2.03 is listet at moogmusic.com
Actually it's still listed as 2.0.2. Can we please have the most reacent update.

I really hope this bug that makes the T3 useless with a sequencer and arp is worked out.

Thanks!

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Yes, it's a shame that updates and fixes are promised then Amos goes awol for a year or two at a time. Same with the promised updates for the Sub37. :-(
Seems that Moog are just happy throwing products out of the door without any real beta testing to ensure a mature working OS on first release. They then spend the first few years trying to play catchup with updates while all their time is by then taken up throwing the next product out of the door.
Same pattern for every product. Just read each sub forum for the same questions answered with the same excuses.
The products are fantastic but there is no loyalty once the money is in and the next product announced.

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Hey Amos, you have just popped into the forum to post a couple of replies about Minitaur. How about some news about updates for the Taurus 3?

Neekau

Post by Neekau » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:35 am

Amos wrote: I wouldn't say it's the last-ever Taurus 3 Firmware. There's a Taurus 3 under my desk right now, just waiting for a chance for further update work... however, it's been waiting there a year or more as my time is in such short supply.

As the company continues to grow, we will have opportunities for sustaining engineering work that we haven't had while we were in "small start-up" mode... which is a mode we've been in for about a decade... :) but it's working and we are getting there. I predict there will be eventual follow-up on this product but I can't assign it to any timetable.

Kind regards,

Amos
Hi Amos,

As there is a major update on Minitaur (brilliant !!), are there some of the new features which could be transposed to our beloved T3 ?

Thanks !
"There's something wrong about this world in which Clouds sells 5x more than Tides." O.Gillet

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:38 am

Isn't the editor usable for the t3 yet?
When using midi to steer the voyager , the voyager sometimes has hanging notes after stopping the sequencer from the t3
? Known bug ?

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:49 am

by Amos » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Pete, I did not remember to look at the arpeggiator this go-round... but our friend Alfredo BiCho has reported a symptom as well, so I'll have another go at it. Look for a fix for arpeg transpose in v2.1, coming soon... (next week or so?)
by Amos » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:04 am

thanks for the report; I will fix this as soon as possible.
There is an outstanding note latch bug on my list as well.
by Amos » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:16 pm

OK, check this action out.

No editor yet (sorry!) but I do have a firmware update v2.0.4 for you to try.

In this version:
- arp midi output includes transpose value
- midi cc input/output values scaled correctly
- Note Latch should no longer get stuck
- MIDI Echo/Merge preserves original MIDI channel

mac files:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/ta ... 14-Mac.zip

windows files:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/ta ... 14-Win.zip

I have been away from Taurus 3 firmware for a while, so I might have accidentally broken things with these new changes due to my unfamiliarity with the code. I hope not, of course! :) But I do recommend testing this version thoroughly before any mission-critical applications.

Let me know how it works for you.
by Amos » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:47 pm

^^ I'm not sure Pete; although I didn't test the arp MIDI output very much before putting out this build... I can confirm that I am getting transposed arp notes (if I have the arp latched and then transpose the foot pedals) but I am also getting the occasional stuck MIDI note when I do a transpose while the arp is running, so I have a little more work to do there. Not sure how many people are using this feature. :) I will get it dialed in though.
by Amos » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:08 pm

I wouldn't say it's the last-ever Taurus 3 Firmware. There's a Taurus 3 under my desk right now, just waiting for a chance for further update work... however, it's been waiting there a year or more as my time is in such short supply.

As the company continues to grow, we will have opportunities for sustaining engineering work that we haven't had while we were in "small start-up" mode... which is a mode we've been in for about a decade... :) but it's working and we are getting there. I predict there will be eventual follow-up on this product but I can't assign it to any timetable.

Kind regards,

Amos
I would not hold your breath over any further updates going by the above list of promises. Amazing lack of interest for such a pricey product. My two cheap Minitaur's get much more love and support from Moog. :-)

Neekau

Post by Neekau » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:47 am

That IS an exhaustive summary of the situation :lol:

As in many companies, people are just on too many topics at the same time, trying to focus on commercial priorities and new products development. I can understand this.

However, I would love to have Amos asking his boss "I need 2 days development for the loyal T3 users so they can benefit a little of the Minitaur features, so they can still be happy and buy some new upcoming expensive piece of Moog gear". And when his boss says "this is a 5-years old topic, we have other priorities", he can answer "I know, they have been waiting THAT long, so they simply deserve it. Right ?"
(and I am not talking about spending weeks to find out why my very T3 still freezes notes sometimes...)
"There's something wrong about this world in which Clouds sells 5x more than Tides." O.Gillet

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Agree
+1

Brad

Post by Brad » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:23 pm

And the T3 customers are some of the most loyal and dedicated (and it's not like they're asking that the old T3 microsite be updated).
Voyager Performer, Taurus III, Etherwave Plus, MF 102, 104Z, 105, 107, CP 251, VX 351, Future Retro Revolution, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, Korg Triton Extreme, Hammond XK-1

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 pm

How did this end?

Reorganized my home studio and am getting good use out of my T3. Believe it or not, I have 1.13 installed.

Considering the thread/soap opera above, what is the most stable release to jump up to.

I do not envision needing to SEND midi arp or transposing incoming midi sequencing but do want the built-in ARP to be stable. I also want the incoming and outgoing midi-clock to be dead on.

It's been soooo many years, I wonder who is even still around to answer but am hopeful!

Thank you very much.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:10 pm

It's amazing that for the price of these, they have just completely forgotten about all the people that bought them. I have to say, I feel a little let down by all the empty promises.
I have the T3, two Minitaur's and a Sub37. I doubt I would buy another Moog product though. Through owning these 3 models, it's been a common sight seeing the same promises being posted into the respective products sub forums. Same excuses, different forum, same result. New product comes out, all the rest are pretty much left as they were with only promises that things will be fixed.
Not a great business practice really.

matbard

Post by matbard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:39 am

The brand had the same behavior for discontinued products: they simply dropped them without further support. I absolutely love my Taurus 3 set, but I was hoping in a definitive firmware and a Mac editor...