Where is Midi Learn in the Editor?

Everything Sub.
Rufuss Sewell

Where is Midi Learn in the Editor?

Post by Rufuss Sewell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm integrating the editor into my default Logic template.

I'm used to right clicking a parameter, then moving a controller to assign midi CC. So far I'm not seeing any midi learn function.

breun

Re: Where is Midi Learn in the Editor?

Post by breun » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:52 pm

If you use the controls on your Sub 37 there is nothing to configure, that all works out of the box. I don't think you can change MIDI CC's for parameters. All info on MIDI CC, values and NRPN can be found on pages 52-59 of the Sub 37 1.1 manual.

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:33 pm

Have you messed around with the "Mapping" page of the Sub37 Editor? I haven't because I use the Sub as a controller and it all just works as expected. I'm not even sure if the mapping page will let you do this...it might only change the Sub37's internal assignments. But then again it might let you customize the assignments for an external controller. Might be worth a look.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

breun

Post by breun » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:56 pm

I think you're right. The Sub 37 editor manual says the following on page 6 under the MAPPING header:
MIDI CC MAPPING allows you to associate any allowed MIDI CC with any Sub 37 parameter. Mapping a parameter to a new CC number will clear any mapping of that parameter to a previous CC number.

sicil

Post by sicil » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:00 am

Does someone know if a midi CC number exist for the headphone knob?

breun

Post by breun » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:08 am

It's not listed in the list of MIDI CC's in the manual, so I guess not, but you could check to make sure by running a MIDI monitor program like MIDI-OX (Windows) or MIDI Monitor (Mac), connecting your synth to your computer and seeing if anything gets sent when turning that pot.

sicil

Post by sicil » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:09 pm

breun wrote:It's not listed in the list of MIDI CC's in the manual, so I guess not, but you could check to make sure by running a MIDI monitor program like MIDI-OX (Windows) or MIDI Monitor (Mac), connecting your synth to your computer and seeing if anything gets sent when turning that pot.
In effect I tried and din't observed nothing. So my conclusion was that it is not possible to assign a CC to the headphone knob. But may be someone has tried and was able to do, having a different result. Is there someone?