Slim Phatty Knob Issues?

Everything Phatty.
Jt3Jon

Slim Phatty Knob Issues?

Post by Jt3Jon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:47 pm

I just recently purchased a Slim Phatty and I'm getting to know the synth, and unfortunately I've ran into some weird knob issues. The first one involves Precision mode jumping in values and the 2nd involves the analog pass-thru mode seemingly not following properly. I made a quick video and uploaded it as an unlisted youtube video to hopefully better show whats going on and hopefully get a some help. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/wvy-HM2Te0A I should note that the pots themselves are moving smoothly, its not like the pots themselves are getting stuck or are jumping - it seems to be the software not tracking correctly? I'm running System Utilities Vers: 3.21 690/34

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

grenert

Re: Slim Phatty Knob Issues?

Post by grenert » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:49 am

I had a different knob problem with my Slim and was able to arrange return for repair by calling Moog. Their email respoonse is reported to be slow, but I've had good luck just going direct on the phone.
Moog stuff: Slim Phatty, Minitaur, Mother-32, Werkstatt x2, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-108M
Running Moog software on Win7 64-bit
Dreams of a Voyager XL some day...

zerowind

Re: Slim Phatty Knob Issues?

Post by zerowind » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:24 am

Hello!

i also have a problem concerning Knobs and jumpging of values.
In my case the Knob/Encoder of the OSCs is afflictected and the OSC2 in special.

After Synth Warm Up the parameters of this knob changes (can see the led around it moving). In Precission Mode of OSC2 the values are constantly jumping very fast and I cant't change the value through the data-knob.

The second thing is, that I can't calibrate OSC2 it just stucks at a certain value and doesn't finish calibration.

Any help? I contacted Moog support so far.

Powersupply ist grounded.
Build year: 2007
Latest Firmeware.

Best regards,
zerowind