How to hook up Werkstatt as 2nd OSC

Everything Werkstatt.
thisbillisbrown

How to hook up Werkstatt as 2nd OSC

Post by thisbillisbrown » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:03 pm

I did not get the info I need from a recent post of a similar title. I am new to this, and and unable to find how to cable my Mother 32 to a Werkstatt + CV Expander to have the Werkstatt function as a 2nd oscillator, following the keyboard/sequencer of the Mother 32 as an identical, second sound source. I am 100% content using each synths other filter end etc controls independently, I just want to hear both sound the same pitch/pattern when I play a sequence saved on the Mother 32.

Thank you in advance!!!

thisbillisbrown

Re: How to hook up Werkstatt as 2nd OSC

Post by thisbillisbrown » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Ok, no feedback so far but at least I have a personal update on this fantastic voyage: I'm still struggling but have now achieved at least two simultaneous OSC sounds via these connections:

Mthr32 KB Out to Wrksttt VCO Exp FM In

Wrksttt VCO Out to Mthr32 Ext. Audio In

I am not using the Wrksttt's audio out at all.

FWIW, I tried M32 Gate Out to Wrksttt Gate Out (supposedly also an In?), but got nothing.

Both OSC's now sound and the independent knobsets of each device function on each oscillator (which I want), but they don't stay at a set interval as I move up/down the Mthr32 keyboard. Aka, if I tune them together, then raise or lower the pitch using the M32's keyboard (reminder, goal is for the M32 sequencer to run both, as if the M32 already had another OSC) they don't stay in tune when I change the pitch up or down. One drifts (I assume it's the Wrksttt) from the other, and the OSC pitch intervals widen (or narrow) as you play the Mthr.

Am I making sense? Is this thing on? Bueller?

Suspish

Post by Suspish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:01 pm

I have had success by sending the EG out of the M32 to the VCA CV on the Werkstatt, if you want to use the Werkstatt output to a mixer.

Also, in order to get the pitches to match, you need to calibrate the Werkstatt osc to 1v/octave. The method for doing this is in the CV Expander documentation.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Suspish wrote:I have had success by sending the EG out of the M32 to the VCA CV on the Werkstatt, if you want to use the Werkstatt output to a mixer.

Also, in order to get the pitches to match, you need to calibrate the Werkstatt osc to 1v/octave. The method for doing this is in the CV Expander documentation.
I didn't calibrate it as far as I remember, simply tune it and it works great as an extra OSC. I also use the main output so I can still use the internal VCA
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

thisbillisbrown

Post by thisbillisbrown » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Can you guys expand? I basically cannot get the Mother's keyboard to track the Werkstatt's OSC. The best sounding wiring config I've had up to now is Mthr32 KB or Gate out —> Wrksttt Gate/Out, & the Wrksttt VCO Out —> Mther 32 Ext Aud In. But, this doesn't make the Werkstatt's OSC budge when I change notes on the Mother via its keyboard (it triggers on and off but can only drone whatever note I set it to).

Suspish

Post by Suspish » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:04 pm

You will need to connect the Mother KB output from the M32 to the VCO EXP In in the Werkstatt and then tune the oscillator with the Freq knob on the Werkstatt so that the note is in tune with the Mother. If it doesn't track going up and done the scale, you will need to calibrate the Werkstatt OSC. It may not need calibration, but if it doesn't track accurately, you will need to follow the werkstatt calibration process outlined in the CV expander setup documentation.