Model D Reissue Quirk (is this normal?)

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Jake The Dog

Model D Reissue Quirk (is this normal?)

Post by Jake The Dog » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:31 pm

I just posted a video to YouTube demonstrating my issue. The video explains everything I am experiencing. I suppose it is worth mentioning that my model d is a demo model. It was born less than a month before I received it, so I can't imagine it took a hit on a showroom floor in that time. Someone possibly returned it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjWgL4kjK4U

till

Re: Model D Reissue Quirk (is this normal?)

Post by till » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:13 am

There is no such thing happening on a vintage Minimoog.
My guess is the difference in the electronics of the keyboard.
The rerelease Minimoog keyboard is not directly producing the needed voltages as the vintage Minimoog keyboard.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

MC

Post by MC » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:11 pm

The keyboard electronics used in the reissue can generate polyphonic MIDI signals. My guess is that there is additional circuitry to adapt it for monophonic CV used when more than one key is pressed. You may have encountered one of the glitches of the electronics.

The reissue is hardly alone, I have heard the same thing in other polyphonics operating in mono mode.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

blue.monk

Post by blue.monk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Mine does not have this quirk, even after changing the various note priorities through the power-on commands. I hope you can get it resolved.

Jake The Dog

Post by Jake The Dog » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:00 pm

blue.monk wrote:Mine does not have this quirk, even after changing the various note priorities through the power-on commands. I hope you can get it resolved.

Thank you so much for checking this out on your own D reissue! I have contacted moog and sweetwater.

Jake The Dog

Post by Jake The Dog » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:09 pm

Sweet water was able to get in touch with Moog and they have determined that I received a defective model. Sweetwater is going to exchange it with free return shipping and honor the demo model price tag on my replacement.

captainkidd

Post by captainkidd » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:19 pm

Jake The Dog wrote:Sweet water was able to get in touch with Moog and they have determined that I received a defective model. Sweetwater is going to exchange it with free return shipping and honor the demo model price tag on my replacement.
Well that's good news, relatively speaking. I actually purchased my Reissue through Sweetwater and they even upgraded to 2 day delivery for no charge. Been dealing with them off and on over the years and have nothing but good to say.