Post your latest purchase!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
red

Re: Post your latest purchase!!

Post by red » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:35 pm

(... not a purchase)

this was a gift from my son:

happy holidays :!:
::red

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:56 pm

The Omnichord is such a cool instrument!

My bandmate has one that we use in a few of our tunes. You can check one out here.

It sounds especially cool when run through some effect pedals.

Enjoy your new toy!!
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

red

Post by red » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:13 pm

cool, thanks

I had to repair it first - a broken counter circuit and some old moldy soldering points - but now it works. I made some first tests with some foogers... sounds excellent.
::red

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:41 pm

OB-6 Desktop. Enough said.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Chimponaut wrote:OB-6 Desktop. Enough said.
K.... WOW!!!!
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:18 pm

GM &HP 300.jpg
A few music-related Christmas goodies: a Synthesizers.com GATE MATH module and Blue LOLA headphones. :D

kn_s

Post by kn_s » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:28 pm

taking the lazy way out and posting no pic, but Santa brought me the last of the moogerfoogers with the 108m thus completing the entire moogerfooger line (only one of each...so far) including the cp-251.

getting ready to rack it up with the rest of the gang! question for you kids?? i also have the mom32 and have been thinking about routing things in/out , etc.... am i dropping $$ on 1/8"ts x 1/4" ts cables or 1/4" ts with adapters to 1/8 or is there a better option??? any suggestion on decent cables other than the cheapy hosa's that i have not been too happy with from my guitar pedal hooking up days. any affordable midrange cables that aren't going to go to poopsville after a few months?
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

captainkidd

Post by captainkidd » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:05 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:Image
Nice!

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:35 pm

MF107.jpg
Finally I got my FreqBox. For a long time I thought it would not be worthwhile to get, but luckily I changed my mind. I have now spent hours enjoying this crazy box using a guitar. It is full of surprises. Get it while it is still available. I will try using the VCO as a third/second oscillator on a synth tomorrow.

EDIT: Hooked up the FreqBox to a Doepfer Dark Line (midi -> cv into FBox' FREQ), used a midi keyboard, a splitter so midi went to the Doepfer and my Minitaur. Took OSC out from FreqBox and put it into the Minitaur Audio In. W.O.W.!!! 3 oscillator bass. The FreqBox oscillator blended in with the Minitaur better than I hoped for. Even alone it sounded fat and juicy. With the other oscillators added, everything responded excellent. A tip is to tune up the FreqBox a little (say a major third), and then tune down Oscillator 2 on the Minitaur. Instant polyphony for weird chord playing! (Tuning was by the way stable, but as stated in FreqBox manual, at higher pitches, tuning it is not entirely linear in voltage, and it could be heard; so it is probably best suited for bass.) So, I would say the FreqBox probably is worthwhile for its oscillator alone!! END EDIT.

And as a christmas gift from the family I got myself a Tascam DP-24SD. I have tested it a little before wrapping it up, and I think it is very promising. For a person that drooled over the Fostex 4-track cassette recorder in the 1980s, but couldn't afford it, this is a dream coming through. It takes 8 tracks simultaneously, and with synths, sequencer and effects, this is quickly used. I hope it will inspire me to record some more, as I am getting a bit tired of depending on the computer always. As a hobbyist not being "in the studio" 24/7, I often get sidetracked by VSTs needing updates, the computer needing updates and so on. It kills the creativity for me, but with this baby, I basically just press "record" and play. Every track can be exported to the computer, so final touches and automation can be done there.
Tascam.jpeg
Happy New Year!
Last edited by Kirneh Ness on Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:08 pm

Kirneh Ness - I just bought a Tascam DP-24SD as well (two weeks ago). I've been using a Korg D1600 for the last 10 plus years and decided it was time to upgrade. I've tried recording in the box on and off but keep going back to the standalone units.

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:59 pm

Flareless wrote:
K.... WOW!!!!
I didn't mean to sound negative towards either company...Just short on time. I will say this. In my experience, Moog is blowing the competition out of the water on the software side of things. The Sub37 Editor is miles ahead of the OB-6 editor. I didn't really appreciate it until I got the OB-6 Editor. The OB-6 Librarian works and that is about all I can say at the moment.
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Chimponaut wrote:
Flareless wrote:
K.... WOW!!!!
I didn't mean to sound negative towards either company...Just short on time. I will say this. In my experience, Moog is blowing the competition out of the water on the software side of things. The Sub37 Editor is miles ahead of the OB-6 editor. I didn't really appreciate it until I got the OB-6 Editor. The OB-6 Librarian works and that is about all I can say at the moment.
Not sure what you mean about sounding negative. I thought you meant once mentioning the OB-6 you didn't have to say anything else. It looks like an awesome machine and although I've gone modular (MU format) over this past year and don't really want another "slab" synthesizer the OB-6 is one I'd make an exception for. It looks and sounds like a great machine. I also like the desktop format as I'm not a huge fan of dozens of physical keys around me. My Sub 37, Motif XF and an old DX 7II I use as a controller are good enough for all the other sound sources I use.

I can't speak for the OB-6 editing / library software but I actually stay away from the Sub 37 Editor and try to do things in the box as it were. I've had a few weird experiences with the software (release version) and I'm always afraid it will wreck a sound I've created or do something else un-intended.

So congrats on your OB-6! It's a damn fine machine I would like to add to my setup one day. Sorry if the previous message didn't convey those thoughts but it's tough to get real emotion across through text posts.
Rich

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:36 pm

I can't speak for the OB-6 editing / library software but I actually stay away from the Sub 37 Editor and try to do things in the box as it were. I've had a few weird experiences with the software (release version) and I'm always afraid it will wreck a sound I've created or do something else un-intended.
I don't use the editor to create sounds from scratch. I mostly use it as a librarian and to avoid the menu diving as much as possible. I haven't had a single issue with the S37 Editor aside from user error while learning how to use it. I can't say enough good things about the Librarian. I now have about 6 banks of original presets and without the editor it would be a nightmare. I can't believe how easy and quick it is to find a specific sound, tweak it and then save it to disc and move on. How are you backing up/organizing your own presets?
<> RME Raydat

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Just tried to do a Get in the stand alone version. After confirming it was connected to my USB it failed to get the presets and told me I was not connected. Sometimes the VST works and Gets the presets.

It's too iffy for me though and as a software developer for 30 years I know that something glitchy can turn nasty really fast. I don't miss it for much though. I only use my own presets which I back up with Sysex in case of a problem.

Lately, though I've been doing all my mono patches on my modular and using the Sub as a keyboard controller. It has great aftertouch!
Rich