Sub 37 cut off pot issue

Everything Sub.
Stevie Ray

Re: Sub 37 cut off pot issue

Post by Stevie Ray » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:37 pm

oli@sub37 wrote:
Stevie Ray wrote:It was good of Moog to acknowledge and fix the problem with the Sub 37 filter pot by substituting a back-mounted metal pot, but I does make me wonder how long the other surface-mount pots on my Sub 37 are going to last.
Considering that the filter pot is probably touched and moved 1'000 times more often than any other pot, and it took the filter pot a year to die, you probably will want to have or play a different synth before any of the other pots fail... :wink:
I disagree. No pot should wear out within a year no matter how many times you move it. I have gear that's 30 years old with rotary pots I've run through their full travel many thousands of times probably, and they all still work reliably. This pot is clearly a poor quality component.

Dakscarbo

Post by Dakscarbo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Does anyone know how to fix this problem by now ?
can we try to learn how to fix this kind of pot one for all ?
is that difficult ?
mine is cutting sound at almost any stage on the filter now....

oli@sub37

Post by oli@sub37 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:58 am

Dakscarbo wrote:Does anyone know how to fix this problem by now ?
Yes, Moog support and your local distributor. They will fix your synth by replacing the whole board with the filter pot.
There is no simple other way.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
Voyager RME #1273 | Sub 37 #8490 with SSQ37 Update | Virus TI2 | Elektron MD MNM A4 | Roland SE-02 | Behringer Model D
Mac OS X 10.14 | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | MainStage 3 | RME UFX+