Model D arrived today in the UK

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
dsveinson

Re: Model D arrived today in the UK

Post by dsveinson » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:47 am

Iaamusic wrote:I was just moving my Moog packaging and found a cardboard tube (which I'd assumed was part of the protection during transit). Anyway, turns out it contained a really cool Keith Emerson playing model d poster!!! How wonderful, it's being framed this weekend and getting on the studio wall. Emerson was a true virtuoso and musician and a real inspiration to me. Thanks Moog - a lovely thought.
I received my Model D (in Canada) a couple weeks ago and it came with a Bernie Worrell poster, which I thought was very tasteful. Perhaps Brits got Keith and North Americans got Bernie?

Just caught Rick Wakeman last week and he had two vintage minis onstage...when I got back to my place and saw my new mini it really made my day. Perhaps I'm drinking the kool-aid but it's kind of surreal knowing there's a fresh-out-of-the-factory Minimoog Model D lurking about in my studio. What year is this? :D

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:26 am

Indeed! I have wakemans six wives album cover (vinyl) mounted in ny studio. That pic of his setup with those two model D's I top of his Mellotrons inspired me for years. :D

Rufus the Dog

Post by Rufus the Dog » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:30 am

Iaamusic wrote:Indeed! I have wakemans six wives album cover (vinyl) mounted in ny studio. That pic of his setup with those two model D's I top of his Mellotrons inspired me for years. :D
Me too... love that album and still play it today

R.

Minimoog89

Post by Minimoog89 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:32 am

Perhaps Brits got Keith and North Americans got Bernie?

No, I received my Mini a few weeks ago on the first UK shipment and I got the Bernie poster. A lovely touch I thought.

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:27 pm

If Moog were going to give a free poster to UK users, it should have been of Rick. Rick was the guy who brought the Minimoog to musicians attention in the UK in the early 1970s. Maybe a poster of Keith Emerson with their larger modular offerings would be good.

The Beatles used an early Minimoog in the late 1960s but in a very dull and pedestrian way (because they didn't really know how to use it). A few years later Wakeman embraced the instrument and made it his own.