Werkstatt as 2nd oscillator for M32?

Everything Werkstatt.
DDP

Werkstatt as 2nd oscillator for M32?

Post by DDP » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:49 pm

I have a Werkstatt and an M32. I would like to use the Werkstatt as a second oscillator on the M32 using patch cables. I am somewhat of a noob, so I would appreciate any guidance as to which patches to connect. I have the adapter attached to the Werkstatt and the 12" cables. I use a AKAI keyboard MIDI controller on the M32. Thanks for any replies!

bichuelo

Re: Werkstatt as 2nd oscillator for M32?

Post by bichuelo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:46 pm

I send the KB output from the M32 to the VCO EXP In in the Werkstatt and then fine tune the oscillator with the Freq knob
The VCF out then to the M32 Ext audio Input

I think that's enough for you to get started. It sounds fantastic 8)
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

DDP

Post by DDP » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Thanks, bichuelo! That DID get me started :D My remaining challenge is tuning. If I tune both oscillators to a particular pitch, then they move out of tune as I get further away from that pitch. Does that make sense? If I tune both to a "C" let's say, then they gradually get out of tune as the pitch moves up or down from the C4. Ideas? I am guessing that this has something to do with CV. Thanks, again, for helping out a Noob!

rove

Post by rove » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:04 pm

I had the same pitch problem using the Werkstatt and Mother 32 together.
I suspect it is either the buffering issue many have experienced when trying to send pitch to various euro oscillators, OR a calibration issue with one of the synths, my guess would be werkstatt.
Has anybody got this working with accurate pitch tracking over multiple octaves?

captainkidd

Post by captainkidd » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:08 pm

The one thing that came to mind is did you do the little calibration routine with the Werkstatt while mounting the expander? I actually haven't done it myself yet but haven't had
a chance to mess with mine for awhile. Just a thought.

grenert

Post by grenert » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:05 pm

Yes, you'll definitely want to do the Werkstatt calibration procedure which starts on page 21 of the manual. It doesn't make a difference if you are just using the WS all by itself, but it is necessary if you plan to connect up an external 1V/oct control such as from the Mother 32.
Moog stuff: Slim Phatty, Minitaur, Mother-32, Werkstatt x2, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-108M
Running Moog software on Win7 64-bit
Dreams of a Voyager XL some day...

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Did you sort it out @DDP?

Sorry I didn't reply, I didn't get the notifications on my email since I didn't suscribe to the topic.

The guide for the calibration is in p.21 of the Werkstatt manual as well as in p.1 of the expansion board manual
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra