2 Mother - duophonic with aftertouch and velocity

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
kimmolainen

2 Mother - duophonic with aftertouch and velocity

Post by kimmolainen » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:22 am

Hi!
I am new to analog synthesis ( and this forum), just about to order my first Mother 32. I want to get another one next year, but wonder; with only one,it seems I have to choose between aftertouch or velocity for modulation. With two; will it be possible to have two sound outputs, both modulated with both aftertouch and velocity? Or would that require me to use them as a one-voice, two oscillator synth?

Stevie Ray

Re: 2 Mother - duophonic with aftertouch and velocity

Post by Stevie Ray » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Each Mother 32 will work independently. I have three and use them as a 3-oscillator mono-synth and also a three-voice polysynth via MIDI.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:07 pm

kimmolainen wrote:...it seems I have to choose between aftertouch or velocity for modulation. With two, will it be possible to have two sound outputs, both modulated with both aftertouch and velocity? Or would that require me to use them as a one-voice, two oscillator synth?
Hi kimmolainen,

Send MIDI from an external controller to both M32s. Set one M32's ASSIGNABLE OUT to MIDI Velocity.

Set the other M32's ASSIGNABLE OUT to MIDI Channel Pressure.

On each M32, connect its ASSIGN output jack to its MULT input jack.

Now you'll have MULT 1 & MULT 2 Velocity Out jacks and MULT 1 & MULT 2 Channel Pressure Out jacks, one of each for both units.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

kimmolainen

Post by kimmolainen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:52 am

Thanks a lot!