Voyager CV paranoia

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
goom?

Voyager CV paranoia

Post by goom? » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Hello,
I have owned synths before but for some reason I'm terrified of messing with the cv inputs/outputs of my moog voyager. I've read the manual a good amount but I don't feel confident messing with the routing because I did that once and the moog started behaving unusually regardless of preset (It was fine upon restarting). Because of this, I'm hesitant to experiment with the cv area like I do freely with the werkstatt. I'm a few months new to voyagers and just fear frying it. Also I'd like to use the werkstatt as an extra oscillator. Should I just use the external input?

EricK

Re: Voyager CV paranoia

Post by EricK » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:58 pm

You should experiment.

Regarding the Voyager's CV Inputs, the Red jacks are for CV and the blue are for Gates. With the VX 351, never send 2 sources to a multiple at the same time.
My some chance if you manage to screw up and accidentally plug a source to a source, there are still some safeties in there to prevent something from frying the circuit. Just be careful where you plug things and have fun. CV is very fun to use. You will quickly gain confidence and will want many more sources and destinations to mess around with.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

DeckardTrinity

Post by DeckardTrinity » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:32 pm

There is an entire world of sounds waiting to be discovered when you start plugging and patching the CV inputs and outputs. One of the sounds I created last year on my XL I later heard on Sasha's Scene Delete album - it was uncanny, but great motivation to explore and create more!

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:58 am

DeckardTrinity wrote:There is an entire world of sounds waiting to be discovered when you start plugging and patching the CV inputs and outputs.
Quite right! And things get a lot more interesting if you include the VX-351 CV Expander and CP-251 Processor in the mix. For example, here's how to create Joe Zawinul's 'inverted keyboard' (originally patched on an ARP 2600) on the Voyager :
Inverted Keyboard Trick.jpg

goom?

Post by goom? » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:50 pm

Thanks for the information!