Small S37 issues-VST Editor as well-Solved

Everything Sub.
Chimponaut

Small S37 issues-VST Editor as well-Solved

Post by Chimponaut » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:51 pm

I've noticed that when using the VST version of the Sub37 Editor that the Sequencer Clock Divisions don't show up like they should. I was trying to automate the Seq Clock Divisions from 1/8T to 16th. No matter where I placed the hardware knob 1/8T wouldn't show up in the vst editor. I even scanned thru the list, turning the knob as slow as I could. In the hardware list it is between 1/16. and 1/16 but when you turn the knob on the hardware while watching the vst editor 1/8t never shows up. So I had to record the automation from the editor. It worked fine but why isn't the 1/8t setting showing up in the vst editor when automating from the hardware? I like to automate from the hardware, not drawing in lines or dots. The stand alone version doesn't exhibit this behavior, it shows the 1/8t setting as it should when turning the HW knob.

The USB noise. Almost 10db of additional noise is present when the usb connection is connected. The noise floor hovers right around -80 db with no usb connection. I can actually hear it through the cans as well. I've been painstakingly trying to remember to disconnect the usb before committing to exports as audio. Is this normal or is this something with my setup? The usb cable maybe? Maybe it is too close to some power cables or something? The noise reacts when I move or resize the vst editor. It changes in tone.

Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.
Last edited by Chimponaut on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

bichuelo

Re: Small S37 issues-VST Editor as well

Post by bichuelo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:37 am

In regard to the USB noise there is a thread already: http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... e+minitaur

I guess we are speaking about the same one?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:16 pm

bichuelo wrote:In regard to the USB noise there is a thread already: http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... e+minitaur

I guess we are speaking about the same one?
Huh, Sorry I didn't see that. Does sound like the same issue though. For now I'm good just unplugging the usb when I export to Audio.
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:40 am

Update:
Re-Routed some cables, noise improved by a few db. Splurged on a Monster Performer 600 cable and now the noise has completely disappeared. Digital black registering in Nuendo via the Audient ASP-880 DI input. USB connected and all. So happy.
<> RME Raydat