Disabling sequencer, is it possible?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
rove

Re: Disabling sequencer, is it possible?

Post by rove » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:12 pm

I was experiencing this "issue" with the Octatrack, but simply turning off TRANSP send in the MIDI sync menu allows one to sequence the M32 from OT without starting the M32's sequencer.
Midi Clock send remains on.

Groundloop66

Post by Groundloop66 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:54 pm

I've started sequencing a Mother-32 (Mom #2 is on the way) with a Korg Electribe 2. There's no direct way to disable the MIDI Start message on that piece of gear, but if you don't have it as the Master Clock pressing Play doesn't send the Start message, it just starts playing the sequence. Currently I'm using a Boss DR 202 as the Master Clock, but I'll probably pick up a Roland SBX-1. I could also sync the Korg to Live but it's a drag having to have a DAW running just to do some noodling.

zooloomuzik

Post by zooloomuzik » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:32 am

Has anyone found a workable solution for this?

I have the same issue as others. I have the Social Entropy Engine as my sequencer and I want to sequence the M32 from here, but if I disable Midi sync from the Engine then I can't send clock messages to other gear on that midi port.

My other gear have settings to switch the midi clock source from Auto to internal which solves the issue, but M32 doesn't have this feature... or am I missing something? Is there a way of creating a blank sequencer pattern maybe?
MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra), Ableton Live, Moog Minitaur, Moog MiniFooger Drive, Roland Aira - MX-1, System-1, TR-8, TB-3, Roland JU-06, Korg Volca Bass, Korg Volca Keys, Akai MPX8, Elektron Octatrak, Social Entropy Engine (Hardware Sequencer)

jAUF

Post by jAUF » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:25 am

in my case i set up my MPC 1000 as sending SYNC only for "A" midi chanels and my "mother 32" is controled by one of the "B" midi channels
i need some other synths to be synchronized , LFO and stuff
i did not find the way for her to ignore the start and stop messages.

but solved,...somehow ,...

thedood

Post by thedood » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:30 am

I find this disappointing, and a very clear oversight in the software phase of dev.
The sequencer is a core object of control "inside" this machine and there should be a "user" based method of turning it off if needed.
This problem only relates to people who are using one midi interface with multiple devices "including" drum machines (its handy for them to get a start/stop) on the same interface but different channels.

I love my Moogs...but grrrrrr!

Solutions - (None that are as "logical" as having an on/off seq setting)
If you're using a seq (any kind doesn't matter) that has no ability to "filter" messages, (SYS messages 0xFA start 0xFB continue 0xFC stop) per channel, per/for a particular interface, then the only solution is to have an interface purely for the M32, and turn off MidiClock for that interface (allowing that your seq lets you do that, if it doesn't...youre up the creek). I have two M32's, I have to dedicate an interface to each one.

This seriously takes me out of "my happy place"!!

mmaisterrena

Post by mmaisterrena » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Same problem with Beatstep Pro, I have to remember to push play on the beatstep with the mother 32 volume turned all the way down the press stop the turn on the volume. :x this is a pretty bad design overlook and since theres no practical way to connect the mother to a computer theres no way to fix this with a software update (unless they work some magic like the Korg Volcas).

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:45 pm

I see that there is a way to change the Tempo input behavior in page 46/50 of the manual but I haven't tried it yet...

Has anyone tried changin these settings yet?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Just curious if anyone has tested this small device to disable the sequencer?

MIDI Solutions Event Processor 10 or 32
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

captainkidd

Post by captainkidd » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:58 pm

HookedOnSonics wrote:Just curious if anyone has tested this small device to disable the sequencer?

MIDI Solutions Event Processor 10 or 32
Has anyone tried this yet or figure a way to keep the Beatstep Pro from starting the sequencer? I just started messing with the BSP and ran into this very problem too. I was actually using SEQ1 on the BSP to control my Model D and then the SEQ2 to control the M-32 that I had a pseudo drum strike setup on there. Kind of annoying having to manually kick off the M-32 Sequencer each time I start BSP sequencer. :(

breston

Post by breston » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:46 am

Hi to all,
disabling the m32 sequencer: Assignable OUT of M32 set to "step1 trigger" into Sequencer run/stop.
The first note is played, then the seq. stops. I use this with my Beatstep pro.

Have a nice day

peace

k.

paul_sub37

Post by paul_sub37 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:16 am

great if you don't mind giving up the one and only assignable output.
My Sub 37 Patches - Sub 37 + Mother 32 + UR-44 + OS X 10.11/Ableton Live/Logic Pro X + Push 2

rplktr

Post by rplktr » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:12 pm

My solution is the MIDI Thru 4 / Filter box by miditech, bought from Amazon. It has switches on the back, disabling Realtime messages fixes the problem. One minor annoyance with this is that this disables also MIDI clock sync, so if you *do* start your sequencer by CV or manually, it's going to be free running (unless clocked with TEMPO but that's trickier to get right).

rudetee

Post by rudetee » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:09 am

I have created a empty sequence on M32 by entering a rest on step 1.Now when I start Live it does not go bongbongbong....

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:14 am

rudetee wrote:I have created a empty sequence on M32 by entering a rest on step 1.Now when I start Live it does not go bongbongbong....
I did the same and it works
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

paulskiogorki

Post by paulskiogorki » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:55 pm

Hello. I tried this trick of creating a sequence on the mother with only a single rest, however when I press Play on the BSP the mother doesn't play until I press Play on its sequencer. Any ideas why this would be?