Voyager volume/decay spontaneously changes

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
drcarver

Voyager volume/decay spontaneously changes

Post by drcarver » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:27 pm

A week or 2 ago, in the middle of a gig my Voyager spontaneously changed the settings on the volume envelope. I had no idea what was going on during the show, but I figured out later it was the decay. This seemed to happen globally, but later, I realized there were a handful of presets that were spared. I've never had any other issues with the synth.

I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone before or if I should be concerned. I'm going to backup all my custom patches and re install the factory ones. I'm a little worried it may happen again live.
New album available!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/chriscarver

NickGrooves

Re: Voyager volume/decay spontaneously changes

Post by NickGrooves » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:48 am

No issues here. Curious if your unit was part of the IC recall? and did you have them replace the chip?
Voyager select
Mother-32
Hammond XK-3c
Emu Proteus 2000
ProTools

drcarver

Post by drcarver » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:42 pm

That's a good question...I wasn't aware of a recall. You wouldn't happen to have any more details on it, would you?

EDIT: Nevermind...I think I just found it. I'll check my Serial# tonight. Thanks mate!

"The problem stated in the January letter only affects Minimoog Voyagers built between mid-2010 and January 2013 with the following serial numbers: Select Series 829-1724, Performer 2990-3445, Electric Blue 1506-2075, RME 1330-1925, XL 1-545, and Lunar Select Series 1-57. If your Minimoog Voyager is not within this serial number range, you should not expect these issues and we would appreciate it if you do not unnecessarily burden our small Service Staff with a call."
New album available!

NickGrooves

Post by NickGrooves » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:08 am

Yep that's the one.

I bought my voyager used. Serial number is part of that recall. I have not had any issues yet, though. Have been debating about sending it in for repair, or riding it out to see if something happens.

Let me know what you decide to do with yours, and how it goes?
Voyager select
Mother-32
Hammond XK-3c
Emu Proteus 2000
ProTools

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:36 am

IIRC, MoogMusic advised not to send your Voyager if no problem occured.
Faulty chip doesn't mean problems will happen. At least that's how I understand it.

drcarver

Post by drcarver » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Mine turned out to be within the recall Serial numbers. Will be sending to Moog for the repair.
New album available!