Moog Sub-37 News?

Everything Sub.
Mick7

Moog Sub-37 News?

Post by Mick7 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:32 am

Hello!
... Why are still no official 1.2 firmware?
... Why are since 2015 nothing new on the Sub-37 website?
...there is so much to do!

greetings
Mick

breun

Re: Moog Sub-37 News?

Post by breun » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Firmware 1.2.0 was released a while ago. It comes with (and is required by) the Sub 37 Editor. If you've registered your Sub 37 you should have received an e-mail about this. I don't know why these files are still not linked on the Sub 37 product page on the Moog website though.

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:36 pm

It's crazy that Moog feel the need to hide all their software and editors.What is the point? You need the hardware for the software to work. Same with the Minitaur. Took me ages to find a link to the editor.
Why the secrecy? Why do they hide them?

darkswan

Post by darkswan » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Agreed. I had to scour old emails to find the proper links to download 1.2
The curious thing is how amazing the editor software is and why Moog is not more marketing oriented to solicit user feedback.

Sub37 editor software has changed my entire workflow in fantastic ways. I now use the editor VST in Reaper along with CC envelope automation to do amazing things I'd neer imagined with a hardware/software marriage. I hope there is continued effort with this software, in particular with the sequencer. Id like to cut and paste patterns, along with the ability to use a scroll wheel to change values.

This is the most advanced instrument technology Ive ever used. Yet you'd never know it unless you seek it out. Great work Amos and programmers.