My substitute for the missing ADSR fooger

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
rickreid

My substitute for the missing ADSR fooger

Post by rickreid » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:32 am

I have all of the recent/current moogerfoogers and minifoogers. They are fun for processing other synths or for making weirdly unpredictable self-generating music, but I have been wanting to get them to work more like a keyboard-controllable or sequencer-controllable standalone modular synth for quite some time. Obviously, one of the missing elements is an ADSR envelope generator. I'm relatively inexperienced with modular synthesis, so a solution has eluded me until now. Today, I received a Koma Electronik RH301 Rhythm Workstation. I bought it primarily for its ADSR output and gate input, thinking that was all I needed. After reading the manual, I realized I still needed a VCA. Then it occurred to me that I already had one in my minifooger Boost. Using my Freq Box as my VCO, the combination of the RH301 ADSR and the MF Boost VCA works like a charm!
Claravox Centennial, Etherwave Standard, Etherwave Plus, Theremini, Slim Phatty, Werkstatt, Mother32, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Minifoogers * Theremin30.com * StylophoneMuseum.com * RickReid.com

Croyote

Re: My substitute for the missing ADSR fooger

Post by Croyote » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:19 am

Awesome solution!

I have a Koma Elektronik RH-301 and have been trying to figure out how to use the envelope outputs or what they could even connect to. Thank for the info. Too bad I missed the last really well priced Freqbox I saw.

rickreid

Post by rickreid » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:17 am

I just tried out the MIDI Murf as a VCA, after reading about it in another forum post. That works well, too.
Claravox Centennial, Etherwave Standard, Etherwave Plus, Theremini, Slim Phatty, Werkstatt, Mother32, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Minifoogers * Theremin30.com * StylophoneMuseum.com * RickReid.com

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:23 pm

I use the Mother-32 as the VCA for the RH-301 and it works fine too :mrgreen:
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra