Selecting presets

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
zooloomuzik

Selecting presets

Post by zooloomuzik » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:16 am

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that when selecting presets on the front panel (Glide + OSC 1/2 wave) that you hear the default sound in between every preset? e.g. preset 1 - default sound - preset 2 - default sound - preset 3 - default sound etc...

Is that a bug with the OS or a feature?

thanks.
MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra), Ableton Live, Moog Minitaur, Moog MiniFooger Drive, Roland Aira - MX-1, System-1, TR-8, TB-3, Roland JU-06, Korg Volca Bass, Korg Volca Keys, Akai MPX8, Elektron Octatrak, Social Entropy Engine (Hardware Sequencer)

felis

Re: Selecting presets

Post by felis » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Mine has that too, but only after it suffered a hard crash.

If you hook it up with the editor, every other patch shows as 'init'.

Before that, it had all the stock patches, but they won't re-load.

donato

Post by donato » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:10 pm

I have the same issue. How can this be remedied?

felis

Post by felis » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:05 pm

I found the presets on my computer, but I'm not real sure how to get them into the Minitaur.
On my computer, they're listed as .syx files in Midi-Ox format.

I could dump them from Midi-Ox, but the Minitaur has to be prepared to accept them.

If I figure it out, I'll post back (unless someone from Moog could give us a hint - ha ha).

mikeh11

Post by mikeh11 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:56 am

Inside the Minitaur firmware download file on Moog's site, at least for the Mac version, there are firmware installation instructions.

https://www.moogmusic.com/downloads?cat ... oduct=1513
MBP 2012 | OS X 10.11.6 | Sub 37 #6768

felis

Post by felis » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:42 am

I reloaded the firmware and still have that issue.

donato

Post by donato » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:01 am

It would be nice if an employee would pop in here more often. I could use my Micromac for bass which is arguably better at even that, but the Minitaur is so wonderful in how effortlessly it does it. Seems as though the Minitaur is a forgotten product for Moog.

hyperscientist

Post by hyperscientist » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:28 pm

I have a brand new Minitaur, but had troubles connecting with Editor, so I though "hey, I'm going to update firmware" and so I did. And now I only have 47 presets - all the rest is "Init". Also, that causes troubles when browsing, because clicking on an arrow that's supposed to select next preset takes me to "Init" (of course, because every other preset is an Init preset) and then it gets confused and thinks it's the last preset - also named "Init" and so I'm at the end of the list already. So next/prev preset browsing is rendered useless.

The other thing is - in my Editor in Presets Library there's only one category of presets: Keys (which contains 94 patches I believe). Is this normal?

hyperscientist

Post by hyperscientist » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:47 am

And so I pushed those 94 presets from Editor to Minitaur - no problem there, I can browse them without problems.

Now I just wonder: Every single patch is of "Keys" category - is this correct? Are there more sounds in different categories but I can't see them due to some error? It makes me wonder especially because 94 is not a 100 which is claimed by the manual.

It's not so much of a problem anymore - I'm just curious.