What happened to OS 3.6

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
bichuelo

Re: What happened to OS 3.6

Post by bichuelo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Mine was a beta 3.6 from 12/02/2014 and now it says 05/30/2016 :D

Still waiting for Greg to chime in with a thorough list of changes, maybe update the number and make it an official version at Moog's site?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Apologies for the delay on this – work and life in general has been pretty crazy lately.

Attached are the latest Voyager menu charts for the current OS3.6 Beta - Build 5/30/16, which list the commands in all three menus (Panel, Edit & Master). You can use the chart to compare with your OS version to decide if any feature changes warrant an update on your Voyager. I had promised Rudi that I would create an updated menu chart (the last one I did was for OS3.4), so I didn’t make any attempts to dif this with earlier beta versions of 3.6.
OS3.6 MASTER.png
OS3.6 PANEL_EDIT.png
* Note that these menus are for the 'standard' Voyager, and not the RME or XL.

Bichuelo: Neither myself or Rudi have the ability to make this an official version on the Moog Music website. I can speak with Moog to see if they will post it, but no guaranties here. That said, the Voyager OS is available on the KnobTweak site, along with the updated menu chart and other Voyager-related goodies.

--

Speaking of the menu chart, the first item in the OS3.6 PANEL menu is a tad cryptic due to the limited character display. Here’s how it works:

PANEL / QUICK MODE 1.1

Ext. Audio Pot (ON/OFF) - When ON, the pot will select presets when the EXTERNAL switch is set OFF (if the EXTERNAL switch is ON, the Ext. Audio Pot adjusts the external input level, i.e. normal operation). When OFF, the pot operates normally.

ENTER for Presets ?
+/- Buttons (YES/NO)
Ext. Audio Pot (YES/NO)

This is a combined message for preset selection that is broken up into two related functions. It means:

a. Hit ENTER to select Presets when using the +/- Buttons (Y/N) – If YES, then you must also hit ENTER to enable the selected preset after using the +/- Buttons. If NO, then the preset becomes active immediately.

b. Hit ENTER to select Presets when using the Ext. Audio Pot? (Y/N) – If the Ext. Audio Pot is set to select presets (as described above), selecting YES means that you must also hit ENTER to enable the selected preset after using the pot. If you select NO, then scrolling through the presets with the Ext. Audio Pot changes the preset immediately. (TIP – With this set to ‘NO’, try rapidly scrolling the pot through a bank of presets. It creates a really cool garbled effect! You could also configure a bank with a specially selected series of presets to create a manually-activated pseudo-wave sequence effect using either the Ext. Audio pot or the +/- Buttons set to ‘NO’. Try it! :D )

- Greg

RL

Post by RL » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:23 pm

Thank you, Greg!

Rudi
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:39 am

Thanks for sharing the info Greg.

RL

Post by RL » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:47 am

Hi Greg,
btw, I forgot to mention there are hidden functions on power on:
When you press and hold the ENTER and the CURSOR and switch on the Voyager you will stay in the boot system.
When you press and hold the -1 and the +1 buttons and switch on the Voyager the system will do a reset. This reset does not change the presets but in some cases e.g. when the LCD contrast is total bright or dark it is a big help.
Have fun,
Rudi
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

till

Post by till » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Thanks Greg!
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:46 pm

Are there any easter eggs in the software? :mrgreen:
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:48 am

bichuelo wrote:Are there any easter eggs in the software? :mrgreen:
What, no pong game? :evil:
I've stopped talking now.

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Yea the fully polyphonic Easter egg 8)

Patch Morpher for iOS gives you 3 note Paraphonic for those that are not aware. :idea:
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

jostein.topland

Post by jostein.topland » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:33 pm

What are the future plans for the OS? Any plans for an arpeggiator?

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:35 am

MacAquinas wrote:
Yea the fully polyphonic Easter egg 8)

Patch Morpher for iOS gives you 3 note Paraphonic for those that are not aware. :idea:
Not Paraphonic, but somewhat related. If you have a Voyager with a VX-351 CV Expander:

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23002

:D

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:40 am

jostein.topland wrote:What are the future plans for the OS? Any plans for an arpeggiator?
Not that I'm aware. Rudi has stated before that there isn't much space left in the Voyager's OS memory, so these kind of cool additions seem unlikely. :(

MC

Post by MC » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:15 pm

A good addition is reception of MIDI velocity.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:52 am

MC wrote:A good addition is reception of MIDI velocity.
Good idea! Rudi frequents these boards - maybe there's a chance to eek out one or two more small features?

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:50 pm

With OS3.6 anyone else hearing extreme chopiness with receiving midi volume control? Happens whether contolled from the Voyager Master Volume knob (with local off) or from my PC3x controller. With local mode on - no problems. Thanks.

Update: Fixed - I believe it was something in Reaper causing this.