Mother-32 Dust Cover

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
pablo2627

Mother-32 Dust Cover

Post by pablo2627 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Does anyone know of a cover that can fit over my mother-32 to stop it getting dusty? I try and keep things clean and tidy but its driving me mad. Any help or advice welcome.

franklinstower

Re: Mother-32 Dust Cover

Post by franklinstower » Sun May 08, 2016 11:23 am

As far as I know they dont have anything for the Mother 32 specificaly. I use plastic garbage bags on mine :(

check this link from dusty-- http://www.cover-it-audio.com/home.html

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Sun May 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Another vote for plastic garbage bags. I get the thick, clear ones and cut them open to form dust sheets over all my gear.

conspiracytherapist

Post by conspiracytherapist » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:36 pm

make your own! this is my DIY dust cover:
mother-32 DIY dust cover
mother-32 DIY dust cover

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:12 pm

I use large bath towels to cover all my gear, seems to work fine. Not very elegant but it works, cheap and one size fits all.

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:41 pm

conspiracytherapist wrote:make your own! this is my DIY dust cover:
mother-32-dust-cover.jpg
Nice! My skills on the sewing machine are not so good however. My wife is very good at this sort of thing but I have so far failed to persuade her to make dust covers for my gear. Must think of a suitable bribe.

ride37

Post by ride37 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:52 am

Hi, Here is the cover I made for my Moog 32's. I tried to make the corners ( I suck at sewing :oops: and my corners are not as good as conspiracytherapists ) My wife did the embroidery on her machine. ( she got laid off in 08, ran out of unemployment, finally got a 2 day a week job at a sewing/quilt supply store, but had a back operation, but one of the other employees keeps telling the boss that people with back operations can't work (no back stabbing there at all :x ) So we took a gamble and got her a $$$ embroidery machine and she wants to start a business. So far, shes gotten 2 orders for jackets both like a dozen each, and a few smaller orders.
Anyway, I made it larger than conspiracytherapists as I tried to take into account patch cables etc.The one for the MX-1 is a treble clef design.

I restarted keyboards a couple years ago,when a friend at work showed me what him and his son did on GarageBand. I didn't know that they had recording on computers I had stopped in 78 (I needed $$ to avoid an Imperial entanglement) I had a Rhodes 73 and a MOOG model "D". So between relearning the keyboards, learning modular synthesis and learning recording/mixing and all that goes with it (EQ, compression and all the plugins) it keeps me busy.